• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About damn time! Holographic Memory, ETA 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I doubt it will make a big influence. If you notice, there are already a few that have been developed with 300GB, yet how often do you see them used in home consumer situations?

It will eventually be like Optical Drives. Be extremely expensive (I remember when CD Burners were 1k+ USD). Then by the time they release it, it will be already bad technology.

Midnight Dream said:
I doubt it will make a big influence. If you notice, there are already a few that have been developed with 300GB, yet how often do you see them used in home consumer situations?
You could think of it that way, or you could think of it as a benchmark. We have already developed the technology so that when computing requires such storage, we will already be able to produce it, and until then we can develop the methods to make it economically feasible.

Back