• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCCD or UTT for new system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok i am going to be buying parts shortly as my refund is near and i was wondering with a DFI NF4 Ultra D modded to SLI a opteron 144 or 146 (dont know which yet, probally 144 and save a couple$$) and a hitachi deskstar drive which would be better for ram?

TCCD or UTT?

i am lookin for about a gig and i know its kind of a luck of the draw but if one brand has better odds than another then lemme know please!

or, since its been a while since i asked, is there any better chips out there?

i have a gig of hyperX pc4000 but i was thinkin to unload it and get this stuff but i dont know about that right now, might use both.

Niku-Sama said:
ok i am going to be buying parts shortly as my refund is near and i was wondering with a DFI NF4 Ultra D modded to SLI a opteron 144 or 146 (dont know which yet, probally 144 and save a couple$$) and a hitachi deskstar drive which would be better for ram?

TCCD or UTT?

i am lookin for about a gig and i know its kind of a luck of the draw but if one brand has better odds than another then lemme know please!

or, since its been a while since i asked, is there any better chips out there?

i have a gig of hyperX pc4000 but i was thinkin to unload it and get this stuff but i dont know about that right now, might use both.

Well, do you want high HTT (280+) with loose timings 1:1 (ie TCCD), or 270+HTT with tight timings (5-2-2-2) on a divider with high voltage?

It's up to you. But UTT stands for UnTesTed meaning it's really hit and miss with what you get. I think TCCD would benefit you more since the Opty's overclock really well meaning they scale past 300HTT.

Last edited:
Back