• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Money is no object... Help me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TreeNode

Ok, here it is, money is no object. I'm getting sick and tired of trying to figure this out and I need some help. Name me the best of the best that would suit my needs for a water chilling solution. There's a couple of things I DO require though:

1. Would like to "try" to use a mid-tower, but would be willing to go full if need be.
2. Would like a side panel window.
3. Parts must be physically capable of fitting into my computer setup (see sig). FYI, I have 2 video cards that take up 2 PCI slots with a sound card sandwiched between them, I'm not getting rid of my sound card.
4. I do NOT have any hardware to mod the case myself, it must be modded already.
5. I prefer a black case with no door on the front.
6. Keep it ALL water chill, I'll get into phase sooner or later.
7. Noise is not a problem.

I'm serious about the best, don't tell me to get maze or something because it's cheaper, tell me what THE BEST is. Lets hear it!!

Also, if you do this as a business, PM me and maybe I'll hire you...

first if you want the best you HAVE to go a full tower case to fit everything.

so my suggestion is this
lianli pc75b

swiftech storm for first loop ( you will have a second loop just for the video cards)
XflowIII for cpu
XflowII ( thin version) for video loop

1x 655 pump
1x iwaki RD30 pump plus psu

for video blocks it really is a choice on the mazes BECAUSE using the ram sinks with them will get the gpu cooler OR going the larger ram block cooling method keeping the ram cooler ( i would go the second rout if you are doing a seperate loop just for video)

custome made pipe res out of common PVC for an air trap .

I don't think there are too many cases out there that will accept a 120mm+ radiator without modding, you'll have to pay someone else to do it for you. Like myself. :p

Go out and get yourself a dremel for $20, you can't have the best without a little DIY.

FrozenCPU makes PC75 tops with 3x120mm holes for mounting a BI radiator. For $80 (OUCH!), plus the case (~$200 anywhere except FrozenCPU). You'll need a rivet gun, however. They also do custom cooled cases which happen to be outlandishly expensive. I believe their Lian Li PC75 cases cost $500 - that's without any components except for a BIP3. You'll save roughly $230 doing it yourself - keep this in mind. If you want the best, get a Mountain Mods UFO. You'll want to stick with the powder coated versions (extremely durable!). They don't require modding to fit a ThermoChill 120.3 in front and a BIP2 in back.

While I'll tend to agree with Thor on the Xflows, implementing them into your configuration is tricky. The double-pass Black Ice Pros are probably the most reasonable, but I'd tend to go with ThermoChill PA series rads when price is no option.

The Iwaki RD30 is probably the ideal DC pump for any application. I've been looking for months for one, however, and haven't been successful in tracking one down. Two DangerDen (Laing) D5s for the CPU block and one for the GPU blocks should suffice.

I may be willing to sell my Storm G5 depending on whether or not I've made the G7 list. Of course, the lead time would be 6+ weeks, likely much longer. It's very used, but performs 'showroom new', so you can expect me to screw you on the price.

Voyermods.com.... They make complete watercooled cases with nice components. You won't need to do a think except put in your electronics.

*edit*
I just went to their website. MAN.... even more selection now. If money really is no object, they have the solution...... SEVERAL.

TreeNode said:
FYI, I have 2 video cards that take up 2 PCI slots with a sound card sandwiched between them, I'm not getting rid of my sound card.
Perhaps I'm mistaken but are there any blocks that can work in SLI with a pci device between them? I thought it was too tight.

can move them around since they are PCI so as long as your mobo has 3 slots or 4 slots ( 3 slots you have to put sound card above the vieo cards)

you want the best then go with what i posted but people who often say money is no object often find that sooner or later they do reach a limit. ( a personal opnion on cost vs performance really aka point of diminished returns judgement)

citronym said:
Perhaps I'm mistaken but are there any blocks that can work in SLI with a pci device between them? I thought it was too tight.

You really don't want to put something in there, even if it did fit, that slot ussually shares resources with the PCIx16 slot next to it which would mean that you would likely get errors saying "insufficient resources"

If you see my sig, it's SLI, each card takes up 2 slots. I might just get the cool-matic blocks, which don't have any conflicts with size.

After reading a bunch of stuff on OCForums and everywhere else, I think I might get the Silverstone TJ07 case.

thorilan, did you mean the Xflow III/II Xtremes or Pro?
Any subsitute for the iwaki pump?

Using that TJ07 case, would I be able to mount both radiators at the bottom section, and if so, how should I place the fans with that? I plan on taking out both hard drive cages of that case.

FYI, I have 2 video cards that take up 2 PCI slots with a sound card sandwiched between them, I'm not getting rid of my sound card.
hehe you might want to change this to pci E because the sentance you posted is very different in meaning.

yes 2 diferent xflows

exflow3 extreme for cpu and a normal xflow2 for video.

this does lead to the fact you will have to have someone mod the case though if you dont want to do it your self. you want both rads to be mounted vertically.

personally i would have someone design and build a completely custom case ( its what i do for rich people) IF money truely isnt an object

I'm by no means rich, money is no object for this project because I worked my arse off teaching night classes for the past couple months and I'm getting a lump sum check for roughly $2400 for the job. So I just happen to have some extra money and a hefty budget for this upgrade.

This is the specifications I'm thinking of using:
-----------------------------------
SilverStone TJ07 w/window
Black Ice Xtreme III XFlow
Black Ice Xtreme II XFlow
Swiftech MCP655
Swiftech MCP655
ThermalTake AquaBay M3
Thermaltake Aquabay M3
5x Aerocool Xtreme Turbine 2000 Black 120mm
Shrouds (?)
15ft Tygon Anti-Kink 1/2" ID (5/8" OD) Tubing
2x 92mm Fans (for case)
Scythe Kama Bay 5.25" System Cooler (for case)
3x Fluid XP+ Extreme Non-Conductive 32 oz.

Danger Den NV-78SLI - DangerDen
Danger Den Silver TDX Block CPU - DangerDen
ASUS A8N MAZE4 Chipset Block
Asetek WaterChill Hard Drive Cooler 5 1/4" bay (optional)

-----------------------------------

I know I could easily mount the bigger radiator on the bottom of the case and the smaller one at the top. From my calculations, it should fit fine. The only real modifications I'll need to do is getting the top radiator to mount since that top grill is something that will have to go completely. Which I don't see as being a big problem with this case.

Here is a picture of the SilverStone TJ07 case:

tj07.jpg

I'm pretty confident in these parts and they're ability to all fit in the case like I want them to. The CPU will take the bigger radiator while the smaller will take care of everything else in a straight loop. I was thinking of using the Themochill PA120 series instead, but I don't know if they're really any better. The only real concern I have is if the PSU (580w Hiper R) can handle the power for 2 additional pumps.

looks to me like you could squeze a phase unit in the bottom there, since money is no object. :D

Iwaki RD20 with DC adapter

Thermochill HE120.3 and 120.2
with 5 x San Ace fans

Cathar's Storm G7 or G5 or G4

Danger Den NV78SLI BPU blocks

All tygon tubing (1/2in Id)

you can maybe have 2 x iwaki RD20s in series, meaning you will only have one loop. or you can have 2 different loops... up to you.

Back