• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacing Li-Ion cells with Li-Ion Poly cells

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

violineb

Hey i was thinking, why not replace the cells in my laptop with li-polymer cells since they're lighter. This would probably require an unnecessary amount of work time and money, but my question is... is it possible? Considering I know hardly anything about building a battery pack this is kind of ambitous I know. Seems that you can get individual cells with a capacity up to 4000 but 3000 seems enough if I did an insane 4s2p (4 serial to get voltage to 14.8 and then 2 parallel to get capacity to 6000 or 8000 if I were to use the 4000mah cells)

So,uh what do you say about this idea? full of fatuity? But my main question is if I can take the Lithium ion cells out and connect lithium polymer cells since they are the same voltage anyways.

hmm $15-20 a cell....gulp...that could be pricy but hey for a 6000mah.

yeah sure, anything is possible. If the cells are the same size(physical) and voltage, then it should be as simple as replacing them all with the new cells. One possible problem that comes to my mind is....will the charging circuit of the laptop like it? Or more to the point.. will the batteries like the charging circuit.....

Back