• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone has 1900XT that wont overclock to XTX speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Well count me in :/
Card locks in CoD2 and 3DMark03 at anything above the 630 core :/ Haven't tried memory yet but kinda feels like it doesn't matter :(

Idle temps is 48. Don't know about load.

*edit*
idle temp

Last edited:
Well let's start at the beginning. How are you overclocking and what does your system look like? There could be a bunch of reasons why this is happening....... do you know what you're doing or are you just starting off?

Well I'm kinda used to overclocking no pro by all means. Using CCC as I don't know of any way to o/c. Running ATis own "detect max clocks" locks up my rig.

Rest of the rig:

Opty 165 @ 2.65
2G Gskill HZ 3-4-4-8
Fortron 700W
DFI Ultra-D

now that I think of it. Not sure if I disabled fastwrites or not. Can they be disabled through CCC ? Didn't see them in BIOS IIRC

there isnt any fast writes on pci-e

if your letting overdrive max out the clocks to 690/800 and it wont run or crashes or whatever thats a pretty good indication the card wont do 690/800 on stock voltage

most of them will do at least 650/775...

you may just not have a good clocker unfortunately

you can hit HR's x1900xt/x thread and download atitool and see what volts you need to run it at the clocks you desire.

did you try to manually overclock in overdrive to 690/800? Also, you might want to use something like atitool to adjust your fanspeed to 100%.

Is it possible to adjust the fan speed only when in 3D? Or I'll go deaf :)
I'll fool around with it and see how it goes

Melhisedek said:
Is it possible to adjust the fan speed only when in 3D? Or I'll go deaf :)
I'll fool around with it and see how it goes

ive used ati tool to throttle the fan dependant upon the temperature and had it work out pretty well for me in the past. you just set the % of fan you want for what temps.

Here's where I keep mine at.

fanspeeds.jpg

A run through 3dmark gets me about 80c at stock clocks with 50% fan speed. It helps IMO to have few speeds. That way I have silent, quietly disturbing, and borderline insanity. Ya gotta pick your whine and drone carefully or your ears go deaf!!

On a not so pleasant note, the UPS guy still ain't here with my $15 dollar cooler!

Back