• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI in laptops is here!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is a desktop replacement. It's not a freaking thin and light.

This is meant to replace a desktop, I think it's pretty good for it's size. Think about it something that's only 14 lbs that has a 19 inch screen, SLI and a Powerful proc. in something about the size of a small pizza box. Try making a desktop that fits in to your back pack that has that much power.

I respect this powerhouse of a machine and would trade my desktop for it but I wouldn't trade it for my current laptop because it'd break my back.

Oh man I love these sagers been wanting to buy one for awhile now.I work in a IT department for a college and Id love to have this.Its nice being able to run vmware at work on a machine thats portable and tons faster than my workstation.As a matter of fact thats what I'm doing more or less right now with my current laptop ((traded my pc for it)).Grant it Id probably persue something with a 17inch screen or wide screen but having that much power would be nice to have so I can play wow and fear on the side.Not that I attend them to much since most LAN games are like playing counter strike only the pion is withen punching reach having a portable desktop is alot nicer than lugging a desktop system around.

Battery life? Meh thats what my 300watt PSU inverter is for in my car......

I'd use it...hell it'd replace my desktop if I had the $$$...

They might as well not even have a battery on the damn thing because it is worthless. It's more like a UPS than a battery lol.

I want to go down stairs from my room on my couch and just use my latop for web surfing/ IM and maybe write a word doc - just cuase it has SLI doesnt mean you have to be gaming on it as the ONLY use for it. so an hour would be fine for me.

Back