• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Canada - 30" LCD Monitor (3007WFP) for $1,285 USD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh God... please don't make me spend that much money. My 2405fpw has been nice.

Don't you have a 2405 also perl?

Hainer... don't offer to help out!! (if you see this) :D

Yes, I do. But I chased it with a Digital Rebel XT setup for the girlfriend's birthday, and then with an engagement ring to make the girlfriend a fiancee ... so I'm dead broke now. :D

She HAS been talking about how much she wants a 2405, though ... could always give her mine and convince her to buy me this instead. :D Only problem is that I love high resolution gaming, and as such crazy resolutions, turning up all the eye candy would be hard.

I think I'd get used to it, though ... lol. If only. A man can dream. =D

Digital Rebel XT?

The only downside to the 2405fpw is that you need monster cards to perform well on it. I would never do anything other than native 1920x1200.

Canon camera.

Yeah, I hate not being able to run native 1920x1200 res on a very few numbers of apps currently, and my 7800GTs get a heck of a workout trying to keep up with the eye candy at that res. I can't imagine trying to run 2560 x 1600. That's over 77% more pixels than the 2405. Would definitely be awesome looking, but so tough to keep up with currently. Maybe there's a use for Quad SLI after all. :D

Near as I can tell, this is the page for the 30-incher @ Dell Japan (link does not work in Firefox):

HTML:
http://jpstore.dell.com/store/newstore/dhs/dhs_catalog_349.asp

According to XE's conversion, 228,000 yen translates to just under $2,000 USD. :(

Their 24" on the site equates to $848 USD.

Dell Canada has separate deals than Dell USA. For instance, I got my 17 inch lcd Dell during Dell Days, which were totally different than the deals in the US.

That means we should eventually get a deal like this. (I hope). While that's quite a bit of savings, I think I'll go with a second 2405(7). Since prices have come down so much

I don't see a 2407 model on dell's website... what are you guys talking about? Someone fill me in! :D

Back