• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok got a problem need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlntAgent

ok..i tried hooking up 2 different mobos to this damn thing...same problem

i hook up the computer...all plugs installed...everything turns on (fans/cdrom/etc) i get no signal to my mobo (tried 2 monitors and 2 different video cards along with 2 seperate mobos)..tried everything i can think of..the only thing i dont have the ability to try is to swap out the PSU (other psu is hooked into my computer)...do you think i have a bad PSU on my hands? because i cant think of anything else....thnks for the help

So your problem is that your machine wont boot up with a signal ? What happened before to cause this ? How many processors have you tried with the motherboards ? List the parts and brands you have tried and restate your problem in an easier way to understand please :)

mobos tried:
asus a8n32 sli
dfi sli-dr

processors tried:
fx 57
4000+ amd64

vid cards:
7800 gtx
6600gt

2 different LCD monitors tried

i only have one power supply to available (since i do not want to take apart my gaming computer) trupower II 550 watt psu

basically is this...everything turns on....but im getting a no signal from my monitors...everything attached to the mobo turns on.. except for some reason the power led on my cd rom drive stays on..i can hear the drive spin up but then it just stops..like i disconnected it...bad psu?

*that better?*

Is it the same HDD? That's always a possibility although, I would think you should at least get signal during the POST. Have you tried hooking everything up outside of the case that you are using? Mayhaps something is shorting? Wouldn't think it would happen with two mobos but... Also, maybe, no opticals, no removable, just the one HDD with the OS. Did you have the power connected to the vid cards? The 6600 may not have needed one though, hmmm... I think, if pretty much everything else has been swapped out, it may be time to nut up and pull the PSU out of your gaming rig just to test.

Let us know what you find out.

doh forgot about that

yeah i used a Raptor HD and a WD 250 gig SATA II drive...the only thing i havent swapped is my PSU....but i finally got my gaming rig wire managed lol....any other ideas before i rip out my good PSU?

oh and yes..i pulled out both mobos from the case..placed them on cardboard..same issue with both...it has to be the PSU right? ive even tried just plugging in the vid card (6600 no power connector) and the power to the mobo (hoping to atleast get a bad post) but no dice

It sounds like you have narrowed it down to the PSU. Personnay, I would yank one out of the working system just to be sure, but I'm not real compulsive about the wiring.

rseven said:
It sounds like you have narrowed it down to the PSU. Personnay, I would yank one out of the working system just to be sure, but I'm not real compulsive about the wiring.
Or check it with a dmm.

ok took the PSU out of my gaming rig...hooked it up...got a post..everything seems to be working great...thanks for all your help..i guess im off to the store to buy a new PSU..thanks again

Back