• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1NJA

How do I make the tabs I open with the middle button open in a background tab instead of a new, in-focus tab. I usually have 10 or so tabs open at any given time and all teh clicking back adn forth is making me crazy. I did it before, jsut forgot how hehe

Ummm, none of those menus are right? I know how to make it open in tabs, but right now any tabs that are opened it switches to, and I want to open a link in a new tab without switching from the current one. I got the newest tabbrowser preferences and I can't find that option, they got rid of a lot of them.

I just tried a more recent version (1.5) and it is now in Tools -> Options -> Tabs -> Select new tabs opened from links.

What versoion are you using?

I have 1.5.0.1 and the tabbrowser preferences extension installed. It will open new tabs with th middle button, but it switches the focus from the tab I'm currently looking at (where I clicked the link) to the newly created tab instead of staying on the 1st tab, like it used to and I can't find an option for that.

1.5.0.1 is the same version that I used to get Tools -> Options -> Tabs -> Select new tabs opened from links from.. you've tried that option and it hasn't worked?

Your not reading my posts right. It DOES open the new tabs, but it USED to open them in the BACKGROUND, and now they only open in the FOREGROUND. It will open new tabs, just not how it used to.

Back