• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24" Sony CRT $399 w/ shipping, wow? or crap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are lucky you can find one for between nothing and about $30 second hand, have a look at some recondition business/educational kit sellers.

>HyperlogiK< said:
If you are lucky you can find one for between nothing and about $30 second hand, have a look at some recondition business/educational kit sellers.

you mean local shops or internet sellers?

I tried to buy one of these from Retrobox. The monitor was $95.00..... with standard shipping it would have come to $120.00+. Then the truth came out. They couldn't ship it for that amount. So they gave me the new quote...... $95.00 + $280.00 shipping. Just about the same price as the Ebay deal. Shipping is 3x the amount of the monitor. :-/

definitely go for the fw900 if you can. $400 is worth it imo. its an awesome monitor especially if you play lots of games.
i own one myself and run my desktop res and games at 2048x1280. some games i run at 2304x1440, everything looks sooooo nice. even running games at 1280x800 with AA dont look bad at all.

I might just keep an electronic eye out for this monitor on craigslist and ebay, i'll just setup a cron with a script or something :p

I just picked up FW900 2 days ago Local for $250. I needed help carrying it out of the car cause it ways like 96.something pounds. I also have the Dell 2405 and I must say, the FW900 is definetly nicer for gaming. I love it. 400 is still a deal!!

I just picked one up for $380, so we'll see how it is next week when I get it :)

Back