• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8n32 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlntAgent

ok...as you can see in my sig...i had my proc overclocked to 3.0...it was running great all last week...but yesterday i turned it on and loaded up a game. now im freezing...the whole system locks up until i back down the timings.. (Corsair XMS-3500LL PRO @ 218MHz @ 2-3-2-6-1T (default SPD))

now when i bring the 218 back down to the dafault 200 mhz range im fine...but the moment i bump it back up..i have the same problem...what am i missing here?!? Voltage is set to auto...since i am still learning about this board..im unable to find the voltage control for the ram...but i dont think i should need to bump it up?!?? (im probably just missing the option somehow)

any ideas?

Voltage control for the ram is called VDimm.

You should use Memtest86 to see if your problem is your ram or not. You can chase this in circles until you isolate what is giving you problems in your overclock.

ok adjusted the vcore (thats what the bios calls it..) to 2.75 (mem recommended) lets see how it holds up

SlntAgent said:
ok adjusted the vcore (thats what the bios calls it..) to 2.75 (mem recommended) lets see how it holds up

No no... VCore is for your CPU.

VDimm is for your RAM.

LOL :) :D ... I really hope that is a typo on your part. 2.75 VCore would toast a processor quick!

ok i looked and looked last night...i dont see an option for vdimm...ddr voltage is the closest...but i wont touch it unless i get confirmation that that is the option i need to change

this board calls vdimm ram vcore or something stupid like that...u are fine and on the right track... consult your mobo manual for further clarification.

ok perfect thanks...on a side note..i bumped the voltage to the recommended...still unstable at 3.0..memtest will be run over tonight

Optimus Prime was right... I was going off the top of my head. Never heard of RAM voltage referred to as RAM VCore before, but some reason it is in this BIOS.

(Manual Pg. 4-22)

Back