• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4 SL6WF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Hello i have a question about my 2.4 ,how can i tell if it is a true 2.4c cpu ,i have read reviews saying it a 2.4c but then again there saying its a 2.4 ,im confused can someone tell me how i can really find out, the max overclock i can get is a 3.3 but its unstable and its stable at 3.0

batboy said:
Just run a free program called CPU-Z or look up the s-spec on the Intel website (see link).

http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sSpec=sl6wf

According to the s-spec finder, my friend, you have a D1 stepping 800 bus 2.4C processor which back in it's day was a classic overclocker. How you tried to bump up the vcore yet? What memory ratio are you using?

hey Batboy ty for the fast responce ,i havent tried the vcore yet andim useing memory Ratio at 5:4

my vcore is @1.5 right now stock

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=81988

Last edited:
If you have decent cooling, try bumping up the vcore a little. Maybe try 1.55v at first. I would not go above 1.6v unless you are watercooled or super cooled. Also, try bumping up the memory voltage (vdimm) to 2.7v to make sure your RAM don't hold you back.

The 'C' letter means this chip is a Northwood and has a stock FSB of 200MHz. a 533MHz FSB Northwood would be a 'B' and a 400MHz FSB chip would be an 'A'.
Also running GCPUID (in my sig) and if you look at the "Processor" field, it'll show something like "Pentium 4 2.40C GHz"...

The Coolest said:
The 'C' letter means this chip is a Northwood and has a stock FSB of 200MHz. a 533MHz FSB Northwood would be a 'B' and a 400MHz FSB chip would be an 'A'.
Also running GCPUID (in my sig) and if you look at the "Processor" field, it'll show something like "Pentium 4 2.40C GHz"...

so are you saying that GCPUID would tell me what i got?

mine has an 800fsb so i have a 2.4C?

so it is a true ( C )

Last edited:
Yes, the 800 bus (200 FSB) 2.4 Northwood CPU is a true "2.4C". I said that earlier.

The Coolest said:
Actually, there is no Northwood 2.4A. The Northwood 2.4 400 bus CPU is just 2.4. The 2.4A processor is a 533 bus Prescott.

I noticed there's a are only several chips with the letters.
Where can i find the complete list of chips which are supposed to get the letter at the end and which isn't.

Back