• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keio

I have overclocked my Athlon 1Ghz to 1.38Ghz is that possible to get that chip higher if i put it to 1425 then it craches in windows.
If i just up the Vcore?
I had already raised the Vcore +0,075 its now 1.91v

How hot is it getting? I hope you have a really good HSF. Try & up the VCore a bit but seeing that you already at 1.91V I would be worried with the heat.

Temp is good 41C idle and 50C load (running Sisoft Sandra Burn in about 100 times) and if i play Max Payne its 45C.
I think its very good temp. I have one side of the case open (that helps)
Can i burn the CPU with Vcore? my mobo has a voltage protection!

What HS do you use? Do you use AS2?

I think your temp is a little high. I run my T-Bird @1490MHz full load is 46C. That's 110MHz more than you and still 4C colder than you.

What HS do you use? Do you use AS2?

I think your temp is a little high. I run my T-Bird @1490MHz full load is 46C. That's 110MHz more than you and still 4C colder than you.

You have a 1200 T-bird clocked to 1490 this means that your overclock is 290Mhz but mine is a 1000 T-bird running @1380
its 380Mhz more than default. Mine has 90mhz more than yours.

Thats why its hoter:mad:

I use a COOLERMASTER high performance thermal compound and an Coolermaster heatsink

Coolermaster's aren't the best HS's so maybe you should look around for another. I you want something good, go for a ALPHA 8045, SK6 or a Swiftech MC462A.
How about case cooling?
Also what stepping does your CPU have?

I think maybe your vcore is off, most boards dont allow over 1.85vcore at most without a voltmod. at +.775 im at 1.825 up from 1.750. Make sure you have a GOOD hs, as that will generate lots of heat. But usually upping the vcore will allow a little more stability-maybe try lower X and higher FSB, or maybe less agressive mem timings

[OC] Jason said:
I think maybe your vcore is off, most boards dont allow over 1.85vcore at most without a voltmod. at +.775 im at 1.825 up from 1.750. Make sure you have a GOOD hs, as that will generate lots of heat. But usually upping the vcore will allow a little more stability-maybe try lower X and higher FSB, or maybe less agressive mem timings
Some MoBos add a little bit for increased stability. This is also why some boards are not AMD recomended. The BIOS reports the same voltage reading on my VCore compared to VIAhm.

Back