• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech LX700 not charging, Found the problem, take a look

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

Hey all.
Pic below if of a Logitech LX700 mouse base charger, the small circuit is simply the part that contains the gold contacts, which connects directly to the 6v DC source. My mouse refuses to charge in the station.

dan.jpg

Heres the problem. Right up to the end of the red and black wire, there is a reading of 6v, no problem there, but there is nothing measuring at the gold contacts.
The circuit is really simple as you can see, with just 3 components connected on a daisy chain. How can I fix the problem?

Also, seeing as, say a Nokia phone, has a 3.7v battery, and the charger is 5.7v, how come I can't just pass the LX700s transformers 6v directly into the mouse, and bypass the circuit? Has it got to do with the mA?

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Steve.
:)

my guess... although i maybe wrong it the inductor (the square box) inductors change amperage. and yes the amps i why it may not be a good idea to just connect the battery directly to the power supply. i would try to measure the voltage from the leads in the inductor and and see if that is putting anything out?

Pah, wouldn't you know it, my multimeter's battery has died. :rolleyes:

Well, instead of using it, i've been using a tiny motor to test for voltage.
The order goes like this:

6v wire (1000mA) -> capacitor -> inductor (500mA) -> blue component (resistor? only has 225 marked on it) -> gold contacts.

The motor runs fine directly from the cable as expected, it also runs fine after the capacitor, however it will not spin after the inductor.

However, would/should a small motor run on 500mA, assuming the inductor worked? Or is this more of an indication that there is something wrong with the inductor like suggested?

And what is that blue component?

Thanks again. :)

The blue one is a small capacitor i think. as far as spinning a small motor i am not sure.

Back