• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Race Signup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah.. sadly due to ISP problems my pcs cant connect at all to SETI.. im using my mates pc at the moment until my ISP can figure out whats up.. you see, everyone in NZ who was using Xtra ISP was put upto 3.5mbps ADSL.. i was on 256k, and since they have put this new scheme in, my connection has been going haywire.. hopfully it will be resolved before the race, as all my caches are totally used up >_<

Careface*

mils128 said:
SIGN ME UP
What's your SETI username?

eaglescouter said:
Race info as of 4/3/06:

Forum Name ------SETI Name-------RAC 4/3

Heezer7-------------jheizer-----------------463.1
BulldogMcC----------BulldogMcC----------2,088.72
Thoth---------------RyanJ---------------1,888.04
Eaglescouter--------Eaglescouter--------2,902.74
Careface------------Careface------------1,694.36
Tyrinon-------------Tyrinon-------------3,706.76
Hamm3r-------------Hammer--------------683.32
Sir_LOIN------------sir_LOIN------------2,286.74
Vento1-------------Dave H-------------5,532.09
Mictlan/DKJA--------Mictlan-------------1,082.42
Ilikepie-------------ilikepie--------------1,061.30
Hitokiri_808--------hitokiri_808----------1,038.44
Morpheus----------Morpheus…------------637.66
CRFIII-------------Charlie---------------1,492.58
Thanks for putting that together :)

16 people so far indluding mils128 and I. Hopefully we can get at least 20.

Get the race started already! I'm teaching these days so I put some of my students puters to work, wanted to keep it a surprise for the race but I couldn't let these computers idle doing nothing!

Now I'm the one who's with you! Let's be unreasonable!

We got enough people for two teams, let's get this thing started before Seti crashes on us again! lol We can always add more people as we go, especially if the goal set is high.

I see a problem.... If I'm going to increase SETI horsepower any further I'll need to run a new pwer circuit to the computer room.. :(

So get a really good race going, give me a reason to get this rewire started now while the attic is still cool enough to work in!

Shweet :D HDD arrived today, so got another 2.4ghz celery rig up for the race (just waiting on seti's network problems to cease, so i can dl some WUs).. and since its Autumn now and cooling off a wee bit, ive oc'd a little more.. so now in total i have just over 20.1GHz of SETI crunchers :D.. so i should be pushing out ~2300 RAC, as some of them are mate's pcs that are part timers :(.. anyway, crunch on :D

Careface*

Careface said:
since its Autumn now and cooling off a wee bit, ive oc'd a little more..

It is early spring here--strange how things are so different on the opposite sides of this earth...

Let's race!

lol tell me about it.. i went to the northern hemisphere for the first time in my life 2 months ago, and i was just amazed that it snowed at christmas lol. its mid summer in NZ during xmas.. was a bloody good (and welcome :)) change to 25C+ weather lol

on a side note, how fast should a 2.4ghz celery crunch a unit? its taking like.. 2.5hours using the SSE2 client from cruncher.. its almost not worth the couple of hundred watts to keep it running lol, thats like.. 9 units a day >_<

Careface*

Careface said:
according to http://ghanima.hopto.org/ocseti/race.html

"Race started: Thu Apr 6 07:36:09 2006 UTC"

so we good to go Stryfe?
Not quite yet. I'm just running a test run to 15,000 to make sure everything's working right.

Is two teams to 1,000,000 agreeable to everyone? It'll take 67 days or probably less. Another option would be three teams to 500,000 in 50 days or less.

We'll start the race in a few days, I'd like to make a small change to the script before we start, plus there may end up being a couple more people.

Back