• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P2B FCPGA Slocket Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digga

I have a P2b-LS rev1.02 board. I can get an Asus slocket and an 850 PIII fcpga cu.

Does anyone know if this will work for sure? Has anyone tried this combo? or similar combo?

Thanks

Asus products are very good and are designed to be most compatible with there own product i installed a asus S370-DL
in a p2b mobo with a PIII750e and it worked fine just remember sometimes the auto voltage sensor does not function properly so follow mobo and cpu voltages and manually set them.

Might want to check the chip database from the homepage. I did a lot of checking and was able to find my exact board, chip, the whole thing.

I don't think it will work.
Officially according to Asus, only rev. 1.12 and later and some rev. 1.10 support the Coppermine CPU. That's due to the Vcore regulator in the older P2B which only goes down to 1.8 volts while the Coppermines need 1.6 volts. If you just plug a Coppermine Slot 1 PIII in the older rev. P2B motherboard, it will not boot and you're running the risk of damaging the CPU.
More info here.

**EDIT** I had a P2B rev.1.02 with a Asus S370-DL slocket and a PIII 733 and never got it to work.
Of course you could be lucky.

Last edited:
It should work fine. I have the exact same motherboard but I think my Asus P2B-LS is an older revision. This should not matter. I am using a Celeron 2-566 overclocked to 850. I used an Asus slocket but I don't think it matters as long as you set the voltage on the slocket to at least 1.8v. That is the trick. The P2B will not recognize anything below 1.8v thus it will not work.

I have been using mine for over a year without any problems. These boards are very stable and that is why I still have it.

Also, make sure you flash the bios to the most current version and pull all of the multiplier jumpers off the motherboar. You can still use the frequency jumpers. I only have 100, 103, and 112. My celeron does not like anything above 100.

Good Luck.

Back