• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate Pentium-m Pinmod/Voltmod Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi Just to make sure only would you also confirm that it will also work on ATI Chipset? My Asus Laptop motherboard model is A6R with an ATI mobile Chipset not an intel i915 chipset
re

Hi guys. Anyone would care to reply pls....

correct... 915 only

yea, wish it work with more myself :(

EDIT: WOOOOOOW I just noticed I already got all the stuff to do this!!
a i915 board out of an HP with a 1.4ghz 400bus celeron!!
Im kinda happy give me somthing to do today. ;)
DSCI0004.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide, did the pin mod on my z60t, (too afraid to do it on new t43p), and it worked like a charm. Went from a Celeron M @ 1.4 to 1.86, the great thing is that the ram is also running at 533 and not slowed down by the Celeron anymore. The temps went up from about 38 idle to 46 idle, any software to adjust it with and not do it manually?

Threre are a few small fan control programs for thinkpads out there. I have an R52 and I personally use "tpfancontrol" to override IBM's :screwy:screwy fan and control system that insists on idling my system at 80degC. Gets it down to 60. Still think I should clean the fan and sink...
Of course there is absolutely no guarantee that it will work with your model of thinkpad, but it has a test mode u can use to check without cooking your system.

Attachments

• tpfancontrol_0_21.zip
    286.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed it for you... All bbcode on the forum needs opening and closing tags. If you edit your post above to read the formatting, I added the [/quote] to make it right.

Hi im new here :) First of of all hope i can also help community like community helps me! So there´s my problem! I have a Toshiba Satellite PSM42E (Toshiba Satellite M40-265) and want to mod my CPU. So i bought a Intel Pentium M 755. Normally im good at tecnials thinks but this time i dont get it. First of all what pins do i have to PinMod? C15+16 doesnt work for me. (After i modded i restart FSB is 400 / 399) So could you plz help me? What Pins i have to mod and anyone knows about what voltmod i have to do? THX

here is a guide with plenty of photos which may help you http://www.notebookforums.com/thread80879.html

Some other members have posted issues in this thread with trying to get this pin mod to work on toshiba notebooks :-/

The processor you bought has a low chance of successful overclock even after voltmod. After you get the pinmod working it would be running at 2.66ghz (after pinmod speed referenced on the graphs in post #3) which would put it near the limit of the technology.

There are three spreadsheets attached to the first few posts to help you setup the proper Voltmod. Please note that since you are trying to OC a 2ghz processor you may need to do an extreme voltmod (see 1.468v-1.580v (EXTENDED RANGE METHOD) found on post #4)

You have a number of things going against you but if you managed to pull this off, it would be epic. :rock: I wish you the best of luck :thup: Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Thx for fast reply :) So first of all tried pinmod again.... Pc started but did not boot windows. So i set a voltmod up to 1,596 V... (For that i used a wire between F4 and G4 right?) Rebootet again now Windows is starting boot freezes then. Seems to me like CPU is not stable. Now wana ask if i should go up to higher voltage or should i try the voltmod you mentioned??? Thx

P.S. looked at the page you posted me: The do the Pinmod on C15+C16 you posted to do the pinmod on C16 + B16 wheres the difference?

Last edited:
The mod works by shorting the C16 pin to ground. The C16 pin is the pin the processor uses to request FSB from the motherboard. If There is voltage on that pin then the FSB runs at 400mhz if there is no voltage on that pin (because it was shorted to ground) then the motherboard will supply 533mhz FSB.

Both the C15 pin and the B16 pin are ground pins shorting the C16 pin to either one will work.

You are already modding the voltage pin I was recommending... from here on out, if you want more voltage then you just need to mod more pins. I would take caution, adding more voltage than you already have can permanently kill your processor.

Well if it's not booting with vid 4 modded, you only have two options give up or go higher...

Warning! Using unusually High voltages can cause extreme heat and even damage your cpu, use the voltages below at your own risk.

Code:
1.596v > VID 4
1.612v > VID 4+0
1.628v > VID 4+1
1.644v > VID 4+1+0
1.660v > VID 4+2
1.676v > VID 4+2+0
1.692v > VID 4+2+1
1.708v > VID 4+2+1+0

Ok thx m8 :) Ah ok understand ;) hm gona try some more voltage... and hopefully cpu not gona die and temp are still ok. :screwy: gona report if i got an broken arrow or went to the matrix :comp:

Ps. Read about some people moddin it and handled voltage down then with NHC

I agree,

Not even I own a pentium-m anymore. :(

If anyone out there on the internets has questions about this mod, I'll be glad to answer them. PM's may be the best way to make sure I see your questions in the future. Alot of good questions and answers can be found in the above comments.

ozzlo, you may also want to subscribe to this thread if you are not already... from thread tools, you can configure to subscribe with or without email notification. That will make it easier to find if anyone replies here. Anything you are subscribed to that has been updated will show up in usercp. I subscribe with no email notification to everything I post in, its the only way I can keep up.

Wow, super blast from the past...not so long ago I had a p4p800-e dlx and wanted one of these bad boys with the Asus ct adapter! :D

On a second thought, I still want one of those...perhaps one day I can get one up and running just for the heck of it.

ozzlo, would you know where to get one of the ct479 adapters?

IMOG: I think I am subscribed to just about every thread I have ever posted in. I do not always remember to check my subscriptions and have been known to take mini vacations for weeks or months at a time. At least when I first login, a little popup window tells me when I have new PM's. Heck, I just noticed you posted in the laptop rating sticky back in 2009 :/

Ivan: I have no idea where those can be found now, maybe try ebay? You might find some clues in the "Bringing the Pentium-m to the desktop" thread.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393963&highlight=bringing+pentium-m+desktop

Last edited:
Yeah, read that whole thread I believe...
No prob, if I bump into a cheap one I may get it to fool around with. :D

Just saw one on Ebay "new" for $25 and I thought hell no, too expensive :p
Thanks for reading, at least you saw my post this same year -poor I.M.O.G. :D-

Back