• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice 19-inch LCD Monitor for $200 at CompUSA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Revivalist

I haven't posted here before, but this deal just seemed amazing so I thought I would let people know in case someone is looking for an LCD.

The specs on it look great and it even comes with a DVI cable. It's at CompUSA so no shipping needed (for those who have one local). The only thing is that there's a $100 mail-in rebate. . . . Here's the link. . . .

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro..._code=337513&pfp=external&tabtype=ts#moreinfo

damn, thats pretty tremendous, you may have even overstated the savings, you actually SAVE $130.00, if im reading that correctly.
wait a second...

how could a 19 inch lcd come out to 70 dollars?
something may be up here.
instant $30 dollar savings and $100 MIR?
ah i get it now, youll never SEE that MIR.
seems to be the trend lately.
still not too bad for 160ish though..

thats kind of misleading then because the original price is greyed out.
they're including the rebates as part of the actual price..
i distrust that but bah in any case its a good price

I really don't get what people have against mail-in rebates. Yeah, I work for a store that uses(used to use) them a lot but I've sent my fair share in and gotten every one back. As with a lot of computer issues I'm gonna have to claim "user error."

The rebates really depend on the company. A well named company like Western Digital for say has a name to uphold and will usually always give you your rebates. On the other hand some more shady organizations simply don't care and you won't see your money no matter what you do. This rebate looks like it however is to CompUSA, which not the best in my excperiance has been pretty trusty on these types of things.

Edit: Also I have never heard of this brand, but judging from the specs; Yes it is a good monitor, especially for the price.

Mooyo said:
I really don't get what people have against mail-in rebates. Yeah, I work for a store that uses(used to use) them a lot but I've sent my fair share in and gotten every one back. As with a lot of computer issues I'm gonna have to claim "user error."

well mooyo you can find plenty of threads here where even bestbuy doesnt hold up MRI's so don't go shouting "user error" so quickly.

not everyone is stupid, and some corp's areally ARE evil.

googled 'Norwood Micro Review' and i don't like what i see...

http://www.xpbargains.com/xpricer.php/product_reviews__pid--130507.htm

http://www.devhardware.com/forums/computer-monitors-79/norwood-micro-17-lcd-review-33265.html

unless y'all have the time and energy to deal with possibly ****ty or defective products, i'd stay away from this brand. if you can afford to lose the money then i'd go for something better :)

http://bvrev.compusa.com/2795/894247/reviews.htm

can't find any independent reviews of the 19 incher. this model actually seems to have a few positive reviews -on compusa- although the quality control is still suspect as evident from these very same reviews. if you have the time and the energy to deal with a possibly defective or sub par product from a company with a history of reputedly poor customer service then i'd still do some research and compare vs the current 'best value' 19'' lcd.

you have to ask yourself if it'll be worth the money to deal with the hassle if the product does turn out to be bad.

Last edited:
this deal sucks!

$230 for a 19 inch widescreen with DVI,
700:1,300, 8ms, DVI, no rebates.

Its at costco starting friday! There should be a thread that i started here in a few days ago!

Also remember Costcos return policy! Use the monitor for 6 months, save money for 2007fpw, sell when the prices drop and return this sucker for a full refund! :cool:

Thats my plan :santa: :santa:

Mooyo said:

Ever get one from CompUSA? I never have.

mortimer said:
Ever get one from CompUSA? I never have.

I get them back from Cusa. In fact, I get them back from everyone. I keep notes and complain if I don't get them, but get them I do.

I'm working on a rebate tracking program and I'm currently using it to keep track of mine. Still some work to be done and little time to do it, but someday soon it will be finished. The ones I was able to find before were just total crap. I think I'll sell it for $20, with, of course, a $5 rebate.

Back