• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FoldMonitor - Nice, but perl.exe crashes...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmodean

...when playing fullscreen games :(. No can do, gaming is the main use of my box.

Anyone know of any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance :)

Den the creator of fold monitor is working on a new version that doesn't use perl. If you want to try the test version you can download it here it's about halfway down the page. I'm going to let someone else test it out and let them get a few of the bugs worked out if there are any before I try it

I have also read here or somewhere about a fleet manager of sorts for folding. It might have been on oc.uk when I was reading about how that foad fellow got all his computers up.

I'll have to see if I can find info on that...

Dunga Bee said:
I have also read here or somewhere about a fleet manager of sorts for folding. It might have been on oc.uk when I was reading about how that foad fellow got all his computers up.

I'll have to see if I can find info on that...

Trying it out at home and no gliches. So far works the same as the other one.

Tomorrow I will try it at work.

Running FoldMonitor (.exe version) now... Hasn't crashed yet, good. It's got a huge memory imprint, though, peaks at 10 megs & VM usage at 12 megs... A bit over 1.2 megs when minimized, so it's not too big (unless it starts to leak).

Running .exe version set at 60sec refresh interval. No defects noted. I use an online ram optimizer. I'll use it to give me a heads up on possible leaks. The refresh function gives a feeling of speeding up the process because you can see some progress during these long winded folds.

Back