• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

975XBX.. Bad Axe..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenmaji

Senior Spellcheck
Does anyone have this board?
If so, could you compair the bio's to OCing boards you've used before?

I have doubts about the options that could be availble on an Intel motherboard, And this one is suppose to have OCing options.. I was just wondering what they were like..

max FSB would be nice to know as well :)

TIA :)

Last edited:
The overclocking options on the board are alright, if the chip is unlocked it lets you tweak the multi, I was a bit disappointed with the FSB tweaking, instead of giving you a standard number like the Asus' do, you have to wing it with percentages, you have 1 to 30 percent FSB increases you can do on it.

The over clocking on the board isn't really anything to write home about, im just glad that Intel got they're heads out of they're collective rear end and implemented it.

i haven't played around too much with overclocking since my temps are still a tad ridiculous IMHO.

~ Gos

SuperPi4Ghz.jpg

I got my 920 2.8 up to 4Ghz.

I bypassed the 30% limitation by flashing my own custom bios settings.
The board goes up to 1333FSB + 30% but if you do not have an extreme edition processor the FSB over ride option is hidden.
I used the Intel Developers ToolKit to modify the hidden BIOS settings then flashed them to set them. So I run at 1066FSB + 7% at 14 multiplier (I cannot change that on the 920 anyway) for 4Ghz. The memory I have is 800Mhz speed and I am running it at 856Mhz so that is the only thing limiting me going further right now.

This is an excellent board but the hardcore options are hidden unless you have an extreme edition cpu.

gone_fishin said:
This is an excellent board but the hardcore options are hidden unless you have an extreme edition cpu.

Or you use the Intel Developers ToolKit :cool:

From reading at XS you can only open one set of options at a time with it.. like if you set the FSB too high for the particular proc. you just can't boot and have to downclock in maintinance mode to reset, and someone mentioned a return to stock jumper position..
it sounds like alot of work really.. ROFL..
they are taliking about rev.304 being conroe ready, but Im thinking a easier to work with mobo will be out by the time conroe goes retail.. holding out a bit longer.. ohhh well....

Sneaky from these forums is ordering the Rev. 304's from Intel, he setup the ordering on XS for em, these ones will run Conroe :clap:

I don't understand why people are jumping all over the Intel board "now" just because it supports Conroe? It's understandable for people with Conroe ES's or something to run them in the meantime, but short of that, I don't get it. There will be more OC-friendly boards before/when Conroe is released :shrug:

Ross said:
I don't understand why people are jumping all over the Intel board "now" just because it supports Conroe? It's understandable for people with Conroe ES's or something to run them in the meantime, but short of that, I don't get it. There will be more OC-friendly boards before/when Conroe is released :shrug:
yep im crossing my fingers for a kick *** abit board. i have a feeling we will be let down. It is to bad DFI has a no intel chipset policy now, dont know what happened. A few are saying DFI got burned by intel or something. The review ranger did of that foxconn board was nice if they manage to release a kickass board asus is going to have a run for there money.

greenmaji said:
From reading at XS you can only open one set of options at a time with it.. like if you set the FSB too high for the particular proc. you just can't boot and have to downclock in maintinance mode to reset, and someone mentioned a return to stock jumper position..
it sounds like alot of work really.. ROFL..
they are taliking about rev.304 being conroe ready, but Im thinking a easier to work with mobo will be out by the time conroe goes retail.. holding out a bit longer.. ohhh well....

You can set as many options as you want at a time and flash the bios settings. Just use common sense like flashing a setting 1333fsb over ride but also set a minus 30% at the same time. Then you don't have to worry about it not booting and can up it 60% from there with the normal bios menus.

I do not see what is so funny. This board is infact more stable than the Asus ones. It uses quality componants and even has a setting so you do not need a v-droop mod/hack at high fsb-vcores.

cool, an intel board that might be worth getting.

I'm going to wait until more companies release their boards before deciding though.

Well as far as I know Intel is the first to have this feature and the other companies do get recommended board layouts and chipset settings from Intel so it is highly possible that they will have this feature too.
If anyone remembers the BX of old, Intel is trying to make this board live up to it and with the enthusiast features to go along with those $1000 EE chips.

In general from what I have seen around the web, it will not get world record overclocks but will get the highest stable everyday overclocks.

@ gone_fishin....

So you can over ride the fsb by 30%, but can you change the northbridge strap to be 800 or 1066 fsb? The reason I ask is that if the northbridge thinks its an 800fsb cpu, then you can only go to 260mhz. If it thinks its a 1066fsb cpu, then you could boost it to nearly 350mhz. Is there a simple answer to that?

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
@ gone_fishin....

So you can over ride the fsb by 30%, but can you change the northbridge strap to be 800 or 1066 fsb? The reason I ask is that if the northbridge thinks its an 800fsb cpu, then you can only go to 260mhz. If it thinks its a 1066fsb cpu, then you could boost it to nearly 350mhz. Is there a simple answer to that?

-Collin-

Yes.

I set the fsb to 1066 and add 7% and I run my 920 at 4Ghz.
The limit is 333 + 30% = 433fsb

The fsb can be set at 800, 1066, or 1333

gone_fishin said:
Yes.

I set the fsb to 1066 and add 7% and I run my 920 at 4Ghz.
The limit is 333 + 30% = 433fsb

The fsb can be set at 800, 1066, or 1333

Perfect...and this was a retail 920, correct? I was under the impression that only ES cpu's could do that. Sounds like this board might be pretty sweet after all! 2.1 vdimm though :(

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Perfect...and this was a retail 920, correct? I was under the impression that only ES cpu's could do that. Sounds like this board might be pretty sweet after all! 2.1 vdimm though :(

-Collin-

Yes it is retail.

It has 2.2 vdimm not 2.1 as max. If you get decent memory that is rated to work at 2.2 voltage with decent timings then you should not have a problem. You can run the memory on a divider. I have ADATA DDR2 800 memory and can run it at 950 speed 2.2 voltage. Simply setting your ram to 1/1 ratio will allow you to see how high your processor will go.

It also has chipset voltage adjustment, PCIe overclock and PCI overclock settings that are not hidden.

can someone help i have this board with a e6700 dcore i cannot get the vcore voltage overide in the bios, or is there anyother way i can change it?

Back