• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frames wont work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skeith

I finnaly got my server working and now im stuck on the page design. I have a 3 frame setup, with a banner contents and main page.
I have set up the frames to best of my knowledge, I am no genius at HTML and Java so im **** screwing around and trying to make it work... Its been 8 hours now and still nothing.

This is the code for my frames page. I defined them a name so the target="main" should work.... but doesnt.

Code:
<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<title>Internal Voice.... Can you hear It Calling?</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="164,*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0">
  <frame name="banner" scrolling="no" noresize target="contents" src="Banner.html">
  <frameset cols="215,*">
    <frame name="contents" target="main" src="menu.htm">
    <frame name="main" scrolling="auto" src="Home.htm">
  </frameset>
  <noframes>
  <body>

<p>This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.</p>

</body>
  </noframes>
</frameset>

</html>

Below is the code that initializes the rollover java menu it is in the head of the page.
Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.menu {font-family:Book Antiqua; font-weight:bold; color:#FF0000}
-->
</style>
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function movein(which,html){
which.style.background='#990000'
description.innerHTML=html
}

function moveout(which){
which.style.background='#000000'
description.innerHTML=' '
}

-->
</script>
<base target = "main">

Here the menu formating and sizing code, and an example of one of the selections.
Code:
<body text="#FF0000" bgcolor="#000000">
<table bgcolor="black" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="150"><tr> 

<td class="menu" bordercolor="green" id="choice18" style="cursor:hand;background-color:#00CC00" onMouseOver="movein(choice18,'HOME')" onMouseOut="moveout(choice18)" onClick="location.href='index.htm'" target = "main">
<div align="center">HOME</div>
</td>
  </tr>

The menu works, it just doesnt load the link into the propor frame. It loads it into the parent frame (the contents frame)
I have googled for 8 hours and have tried many different things.

somone help! plz!
I was so happy that I got my server running and now im ****ed off again

Here is the url to my website.
I havent loaded any of the finished pages other than the Index and the menu.
But the page not found error should still load into the main frame if it were working.

Back