• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**WARNING** Oblivion Patch Just Killed My X1800XL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dan0512 said:
was it a OCZ600? or a 520?

dan
Can't remember. I think its was a 520.
What tipped me off what the fact that his X800 worked fine and then he only changed one piece of hardware which was the X1800 and then, "boom headshot", strange things start to happen.
My guess is the unit was faulty to begin with and the X1800 broke the camels back.

Yes this was a 520W and I guess I got my wish. All the testing I did took out the PSU. I had a hardlock during one of my infamous burn-in + HDR test at stock and now my box wont post at all.

Not sure what else it took out but I re-examined my PSU today and I think I see several leaking caps that werent like that before :cry:

Im afraid the whole box is toast tbh since I still cant get any sort of POST codes with a backup 300W powersupply (which it worked fine on before now)

Sorry to hear that Sen. Good luck to bringing it back up though, hopfully it didn't fry everything.

Back