• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here It Is For All To See, My Unlocked X1800GTO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For anyone interested, newegg is having the same card as mine the connect3d for even cheaper than i got if for. $178 after rebate.

TopGear57 said:
For anyone interested, newegg is having the same card as mine the connect3d for even cheaper than i got if for. $178 after rebate.

newegg description says its 16 pipe enabled is this true? or typo.

tvdang7 said:
newegg description says its 16 pipe enabled is this true? or typo.

they are more than likely listing it as 16 because connect3d lists it as 16 as well on their website, but it is only 12, you have to flash to an xl bios to get 16.

hey can yall post what ram chips yall got? 2.0ns? or 1.4ns? and would it matter which you recieved becasue u have to match up the bios of an xl with the same ram chips? or no.

I think mine is 1.2ns (it read something like rc12, can't remember exactly).

You should be able to flash the card with the xl bios since both has same core/mem speed.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm on the fence. Have a C3D x800GTO->x800XT PE that I'd like to replace if the mod is a go.

homer77 said:
I think mine is 1.2ns (it read something like rc12, can't remember exactly).

You should be able to flash the card with the xl bios since both has same core/mem speed.

so can the differnt timings wont do anything? even if the ram cips dont match up? and if its not too much trouble can you confirm which ones you have im very curious.

i'll have to get it back from friend. already sold the card to him.

when i get it back, i'll take a picture of the ram.

if it helps, i used the bios from sapphire, which is the for 1.4ns memory.

What do u suggest then? HIS or C3D?
They've got a difference in price about 10 Euro and HIS has an Iceq3 version that is 25 Euro more expensive than it's plain x1800gto.

Andreas1327 said:
What do u suggest then? HIS or C3D?
They've got a difference in price about 10 Euro and HIS has an Iceq3 version that is 25 Euro more expensive than it's plain x1800gto.

I can recommend connect3d it seems to be performing great for me and of course unlocked, i can't speak for HIS brand i have never had one but i went with the connect3d one because it was cheaper and i am impressed and quite happy with my purchase.And i have been able to break 9000 in 3dmark05 without extra cooling or voltage so I think its great.Plus i think the unlock probability may be higher with connect3d cards as i have seen some people with HIS brand not be able to unlock theirs.

To the two who have had successful unlocks what were your GB_PIPE_SELECT values before flashing? My Connect3D shows 0xAD4E.

homer77 said:
Also I would like to mention, ATI Tool doesn't work 100% on the GTO (at least for me). I can't get a temperature reading, fan control, nor voltage adjustments.
Same here, its unfortunate that w1zzard hasn't been working on it.

Gnerma said:
To the two who have had successful unlocks what were your GB_PIPE_SELECT values before flashing? My Connect3D shows 0xAD4E.

i did not catch that before i flash.

Hi all,

I received today my HIS x1800gto, and the 4 locked pipes were successfully unlocked 10 minutes after signing the delivery slip, using the sapphire x1800xl bios found on techpowerup! and winflash 1.05 (force option), everything went fine. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change the gpu and mem voltage cause I'm gonna install my waterblock on it next week and see what this card has left in it. Right now, with everything stock I can run 570/615 without a hitch and well, it's great! Love the price of $195 after mir (essentially it's the same card as homer and I bought it at Monarch too..). It's a nice boost from my x800xl i had.

homer77 said:
ati tool 0.25 beta14 has the voltage options in the setting.

that's how i changed mine.

this is really making me mad dangit for some reason i can not get any voltage adjustments with my card in ati tool and ati overclocker isn't working for voltage change, And no temp monitoring in ati tool for me either.

i take that back. i used overclocker to change, not ati tool.

changin the volt with overclocker doesn't seen to do anything for my gto, doesn't improve oc at all. :shrug:

Gnerma said:

i think mine was 0x27E4 and mine was Connect3d, so hmm i wonder if connect3d has changed something and maybe can't unlock anymore.

Back