• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here It Is For All To See, My Unlocked X1800GTO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TopGear57

Registered
Well I have seen many people around different forums trying to unlock these x1800GTO's and not having any luck except for Bgnome who has the same card as me and credit goes to him for posting in some of the forums his results which made me want to try it on my card as well. Here it is for all too see that yes indeed Bgnomes card was not just a fluke, the Connect3d x1800gto is unlockable, i am posting my pics and 3dmark05 and aquamark results below.

Keep in mind this is on a stock connect3d card no volt mods and just stock heatsink and fan, when i unlocked the extra pipes you will notice i had to lower my gpu clock slightly. All Tests were done with same speed for my cpu and memory. I didn't happen to get a picture showing my 12 pipes before i unlocked to 16, so you will just have to trust me on this one it was 12. Also you can see my clocks were lower with the 16 pipes than with the 12 yet my scores with the 16 are way higher.Also to note i am not using ati tray tools or anything to cheat and turn off the aa or af so its all default for 3dmark and aquamark. Ok here we go.

First off we have aquamark with 12 pipes and 577/630 clocks.

12 pipes 577/630 clocks

Here we are in aquamark with 16 pipes 569/630 clocks

16 pipes 569/630 clocks

OK here we are with 3dmark05 12 pipes 577/630

3dmark05 12 pipes 577/630 clocks

And now here we are with 16 pipes in 3dmark05 569/630 clocks

3dmark05 16 pipes 569/630 clocks

And finally we have the same thing as above but this one showing the 16 pipes under ati tool.

3dmark05 score showing with 16 pipes in ati tool

Thats it basically all i did was use Ati winflash 1.05 and flash the sapphire xl bios from techpowerup.com into it and boom 16 pipes. Free performance, you gotta love it. Now go and buy one if you can find one for a good deal like mine was $189 after rebate at monarch, unfortunately the rebate is over for now.

Last edited:
congrats on the mod

i am surprisded though, the unlock didn't offer a very big boost in performance imo. 81xx marks seems very good for a 12 pipe card... and with the other 4 enabled it only gave you <800 more pts

OK. That does it. I'm getting this card. The C3D is the cheapest one out (by £20 if you know where the deals are) so I'm gonna order this thing ASAP. Even if it doesn't unlock I'll still have a decent card so its hard to loose.

EDIT: damn I just found out the deal ended yesterday! arg! :bang head

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how many of these don't unlock. I have a feeling the number will be high. :-/

Here is my update for HIS X1800 GTO.

I took off the hsf on the GTO, and found Samsung 1.2ns memory for mine. I haven't been able to take a picture of it yet, since it's in my machine testing right now.

I was able to unlock the extra 4 pipes to 16 pipes.

I ran couple 3dmark tests with AMD x2 3800 @ 2.8GHz, 2GB of ram, and here are my results @ stock speed:

3DMark05 - 7663
3DMark 06 -3833-

I will be trying the overclock right now and post some results later.

stay tuned.

Just run a 3dmark05 with 550/550 and got 8313.

Also I would like to mention, ATI Tool doesn't work 100% on the GTO (at least for me). I can't get a temperature reading, fan control, nor voltage adjustments.

homer77 said:
I took off the hsf on the GTO, and found Samsung 1.2ns memory for mine. I haven't been able to take a picture of it yet, since it's in my machine testing right now.

I was able to unlock the extra 4 pipes to 16 pipes.

Sweet dude, it's nice to hear some more success stories.

homer77 said:
Just run a 3dmark05 with 550/550 and got 8313.

Also I would like to mention, ATI Tool doesn't work 100% on the GTO (at least for me). I can't get a temperature reading, fan control, nor voltage adjustments.

Dang you, you are catching up to my score, time for me to go break 9000.

as far a ati tool not working correctly with the gto i can confirm this as well and i can't run the ati find max clock and mem without it giving errors either so i just use it to manually overclock.

It seems to be only thee C3D and HIS cards which have a chance to unlock so far. I wish I could get the HIS here but I haven't found it anywhere. I don't really trust C3D but only because I don't know anything about their reliability.

Back