• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest P5WD2-E bios 0405

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well now there a line saying "hit crtl r to enter raid configuration" for the Marvell controller, but it still doesn't let me in.

FYI everyone, this MArvell controller was advertised by Asus to support RAID, and to this day it's still not supported. Can't even get into the config utility, even if you hit what the message says, "ctrl r" or whatever.....False advertising.

Nice find Ranger. Too bad ASUS is so vague about release notes and probably states the "Support for new CPUs". Would be nice to see the comment "Support for Conroe" in the notes..

0401 definately has the best FSB capability and hope that doesn't change with 0405.

proth said:
Nice find Ranger. Too bad ASUS is so vague about release notes and probably states the "Support for new CPUs". Would be nice to see the comment "Support for Conroe" in the notes..

0401 definately has the best FSB capability and hope that doesn't change with 0405.

Conroe support would be a blessing.

Ohh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proth RAID config works on the MArvell Controller, just hit "r" dude!

Last edited:
Well you can get into the MArvell config utility, and configure drives into raid, but you cannot name the array, and windows does not recognise the array, but recognises the independent drives instead....

i use the new bios 405 i dont use the marvel controler just the intel for raido and one 80 gig it seems to be snappyer after the update or maybe its just me lol havent noticed any thing else.

BIOS 405 is back to NOT needing 1.6v + on the NB at 290 FSB or over to be stable.

I think it was 301 that was the last that was like this, IIRC.

Don't know if its really needing less voltage, or the BIOS just says it is, but its nice not to not have to peg it in BIOS just to be prime stable at relatively low FSBs.

Will post other changes I notice - others please do likewise.

- Chris

I wish I could flash bioses right now. Asus Update failed to install on me after two formats. :shrug: :bang head

-GearShift3r

0401 is the best bios out there. 0405 is for other D related CPUs. I wouldn't go messing with 0405 unless you have one the cpus listed...

Hello,

The new bios update is for:
Pentium D 940(3.2GHz, 800 FSB, L2 4MB, revC1)
Pentium D 930(3.0GHz, 800 FSB, L2 4MB, revC1)
Pentium D 950(3.4GHz, 800 FSB, L2 4MB, revC1)
Pentium D 960(3.6GHz, 800 FSB, L2 4MB, revC1) :clap: <--yet to be released!
Pentium Extreme ED-965(3.73GHz, rev C1)
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Other then that, there is no more information. However, it's clear...no conroe support in this update

Back