• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**Official** Team Monkey Challenge Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
folding_monkeys made some good progress last update but we are still behind. At the current rate, this race will be done in about 6.5 days.

They've peaked!!!!!

We are gaining ! - slightly, but gaining!!!

BEAT THE DRUMS !!!!!!!

Fold On!!

Last EOC update they posted 5k & we posted 7k.

:attn:

Last edited:
WarriorII said:
They've peaked!!!!!

We are gaining ! - slightly, but gaining!!!

BEAT THE DRUMS !!!!!!!

Fold On!!

Last EOC update they posted 5k & we posted 7k.

:attn:

Are we gaining enough to make up the deficit? Less than a week left at this rate and we need to make up at least 3K a day on them to ensure victory!

as long as yall remember the rule that there cannot be more than a 5000 point jump per day (in addition to current production) in the last 50,000 points...

The MPC monkeys made it up a while ago because they thought we would build up a bunch of WUs then pwn them near the end >.>; I'm concerned about them doing the same.

seadave77 said:
Where did that rule come from? I can see the use of it but that was not in the official rules that KingFish listed.

Yes, it is nowhere to be found in the official rules. We're going with gentlemonkeys honor on this one. The topic was first discussed here, but it never made it into the official rules post. Let's go! Definitely time to MONKEY UP!

who made up that rule? after the fact ?

Now what should i do with those 300 completed DGro's that i had sitting around here somewhere :shrug: ... gotta check to see if their deadlines have expired :D

I guess i should just submit enough of them to put us 50,001 points from the goal line?

pscout said:
Now what should i do with those 300 completed DGro's that i had sitting around here somewhere :shrug: ... gotta check to see if their deadlines have expired :D

Just share 'em with the rest of the troup here! We're all folding_monkeys lookin' for more bananas! Got to take care of the troup! That's what opposable thumb drives are for! ;)

Macaholic said:
Just share 'em with the rest of the troup here! We're all folding_monkeys lookin' for more bananas! Got to take care of the troup! That's what opposable thumb drives are for! ;)

LOL ... thats my problem ... must be because no banana's left for breakfast today :bang head

and ya gotta watch out for the expiry dates before you eat em

Macaholic is correct on the issue. There is no system for policing both subteams and providing for checks and balances. Due to unenforceability it had to be chalked up to chimp honor. I think both teams have been giving it their all so I do not see any worries on this contest.

seadave77 said:
Where did that rule come from? I can see the use of it but that was not in the official rules that KingFish listed.

original mention here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4467097&postcount=40

and agreed upon post here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4467770&postcount=44

this means rule #7 is:
There cannot be a spike of more than 5000 points within the last 50000 points of the race.

Mention by Screwballl and motion carried by The Garynator.

If you cannot live with this rule then might as well forfeit the contest because if this rule is not followed then the OC monkeys lose the contest by default from breaking the rules.

Not to be mean but when it is put on the table, seconded by your team then it becomes Rule #6.

"No excuses, just folding by STANFORD and contest rules."

Screwballl said:
this means rule #7 is:
There cannot be a spike of more than 5000 points within the last 50000 points of the race.

question by 5000 points are you talkign 1 hour , 3 hours, or a day

3 hours, probably, considering each team is currently producing 35k+ PPD, and when you get that high, 5k PPD variations could be caused simply by a change in the kind of WUs the server is handing out.

Rpkole said:
question by 5000 points are you talkign 1 hour , 3 hours, or a day

Just make it a moot point. Go ahead and dump the load of bananas you've all been hoarding in expectation of this contest NOW and just end it like pscout said! We're well away from 50K points to the end! It's that simple! I smell conspiracy theory in the primate house! :D

If nobody minds, I think it's clear the rules should be amended as such:

As per the topic **Official** Team Monkey Challenge Thread post # 235, rules will be adjusted as such:

official rules with the prize:

1. First team to accumulate 500,000 points from the start time wins.

2. Start time for the contest is Friday, May 5 th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

3. The victor gets to claim the lucky Jaded Monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing team is forbidden to display it. The losing team is bestowed the dreaded Monkey Paw, which is said to be cursed. People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw Shocked

4. Team captains are as follows: Garynator from overclockers and Spider Monkey from MaxPC.

5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.

6. Have fun and keep it positive.

7. There cannot be a spike of more than 5000 points within the last 50000 points of the race. Temporary rule

Rules temporarily amended on 5/13/06 until Spider and Garynator can agree if said rule is needed

Last edited:
Macaholic said:
Just make it a moot point. Go ahead and dump the load of bananas you've all been hoarding in expectation of this contest NOW and just end it like pscout said! We're well away from 50K points to the end! It's that simple! I smell conspiracy theory in the primate house! :D

the reason i ask is cause i have a few TT rigs that have batches and each batch is worth 2400+ points so if it is a hour then i cant dump more than 2 rig in one hour which is fine by me but if it is every 3 hours it sucks big time

Back