• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

Got a 2600+ XP-M

had it running at 2.7Ghz, 1.95v for a couple of weeks with now with no problems. Temps never exceed 45ish degrees due my cooling upgrade. everything was fine untill yesterday when i decided to go from 2t bios back to 1t as my ram wasn't overclocking too well and was running at 200mhz anyway.

flashed to 1t Mantaray XT bios (was using the 2t version). Tried my old settings and it didn't work. Fair enough i thoug, as it was differant bios. So i tried a few others without success and flashed back to what i had in the first place.

computer no longer runs at 2.7ghz. Was stable at 2650 untill about 30 mins ago. Not stable at 2.6 now. WTF IS GOING ON. this is not fair, everything was going so well too. Im curently running Merlin bios, which my ram seems to like.
extra volts don't work anymore.

this looks like bad news......

got it stable at 2.5ghz right now (1.85vcore). I have reached the same conclusion now, as my ram like this bios, ablr to reach 230 @ 2.5,3,3,11 stable. It wouldn't even do 210 on other bioses. For this reason i believe it to be the bios. All my games run just as well at this speed, and therefore i have decided to stay, as with a lower vcore temps never reach 45 under load. I ham happy once more :)

Back