Registered

How to tell my drives?

Ok, I have 2 old hardrives I wanna use as storage bins for music and movies on a new computer I hope to build, but I wanna know if its worth it, AKA: if they are really slow in RPMs or something else. I wanna know if there is a program that can tell me about my hardrives, like CPU-Z for hardrives... I have tried looking up the model #s but that didn't work too well cause of their age.

Thanks in advance!
    Matt

Im out of bed, I made it to the keyboard. What more do you want!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neffirithion
    Ok, I have 2 old hardrives I wanna use as storage bins for music and movies on a new computer I hope to build, but I wanna know if its worth it, AKA: if they are really slow in RPMs or something else. I wanna know if there is a program that can tell me about my hardrives, like CPU-Z for hardrives... I have tried looking up the model #s but that didn't work too well cause of their age.

Thanks in advance!
    Matt
    HDtach. That will tell you the speed they are performing at. Google hdtach.

Post the model numbers here. There's a wealth of knowledge in this forums regarding hard drives, and I'm sure someone will come up with spec's.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, Asus M5A88-V Evo, 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 , Coolermaster Hyper212+, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB, Antec EA-380
    Lenovo X200, P8400 C2D, 8GB, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.