• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tell my drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neffirithion

Registered
Ok, I have 2 old hardrives I wanna use as storage bins for music and movies on a new computer I hope to build, but I wanna know if its worth it, AKA: if they are really slow in RPMs or something else. I wanna know if there is a program that can tell me about my hardrives, like CPU-Z for hardrives... I have tried looking up the model #s but that didn't work too well cause of their age.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Neffirithion said:
Ok, I have 2 old hardrives I wanna use as storage bins for music and movies on a new computer I hope to build, but I wanna know if its worth it, AKA: if they are really slow in RPMs or something else. I wanna know if there is a program that can tell me about my hardrives, like CPU-Z for hardrives... I have tried looking up the model #s but that didn't work too well cause of their age.

Thanks in advance!
Matt
HDtach. That will tell you the speed they are performing at. Google hdtach.

Post the model numbers here. There's a wealth of knowledge in this forums regarding hard drives, and I'm sure someone will come up with spec's.

Back