What are acceptable temps?

Hello, I am a newbie... I just had a system built for me and so far everything is good.. a couple of video wig outs, which I am assuming happen most likely from heat... so that makes me question what is acceptable for case temp and cpu temp...I downloaded Motherboard monitor and I am not so sure that it is not set up 100% correctly considering it says my cpu temp is -22f. here are the specs to my system:

Coolermaster Cavalier T03
    Gigabyte K8NPRO SLI
    AMD Athlon 64 3700
    1.5gb ddr ram
    XFX Geforce 6600 GT 256 pci-e
    Windows xp home
    Nspire 450 watt power supply
    WD 250gb SATA2 w/16mb

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am looking for what temps should be, and how I should set up MBM correctly to show correct cpu temp..

Thanks,

Billiam151

Those temps are definately wrong unless u live in a tent in siberia or something. It should be close to High 30C Low 40C idle. As far as MBM there should be a list of mb on there where u could pick one and have it configured automatically

That is what I thought.

No I do not live in Siberia, so I guess I will make sure that I have the settings correct in MBM.

Thanks,

Billiam151

Senior Delta Fanatic Electron Chaser's Avatar
    I get those kinds of temps but I am phase cooling my CPU. So yeah they seem a bit out of adjustment. LOL

On startup go into your BIOS and find out what temps the MB is actually reporting so you have a good idea of where you should be and adjust accordingly.
    I am the Senior Omega of the Delta ... Fan Users :burn:
    Custom 48" X 24" X 12" Case- Abit IC7-MAX3 - Pentium 4 3.4 EE @ 4.2 |Mach II Phase Cooled
    BFG 6800 Ultra @ 470 | NV-68 Water Cooled -1.5 GB PQI PC4400 -1 KW PCP&C -
    2 X Raptor 150GB RAID 0 , 2 74GB Raptor RAID 1, 1 36GB Raptor, 1 250GB WD SATA
    BIX3 w/ 3 GFB1212VHW Fans (660 CFM Total) -Case Fans 5 EFB1212SHE (710 CFM Total)
    MB / RAM Cooler 2 TFB1212GHE (440 CFM Total)

:cool: 1800+ CFM of Pure Delta Coolness :cool:
    Someone Help you out? Post a Thank you here. Project Denali Heat

Motherboard Monitor can be a pain sometimes. I know that it does not support EPoX boards for some reason(since I have one and tried using MBM to no avail). So I'd recommend trying another program to monitor temps such as Everest.
    Heatware Ebay
    Rusty:
    Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H (Rev. 1.0)
    AMD Phenom II 720 (unlocked to 4 cores and oc'd to 3.3 ghz)
    4GB Generic DDR2 (oc'd to 940mhz)
    XFX HD5670
    Corsair 520W PSU