• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are acceptable temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billiam151

Hello, I am a newbie... I just had a system built for me and so far everything is good.. a couple of video wig outs, which I am assuming happen most likely from heat... so that makes me question what is acceptable for case temp and cpu temp...I downloaded Motherboard monitor and I am not so sure that it is not set up 100% correctly considering it says my cpu temp is -22f. here are the specs to my system:

Coolermaster Cavalier T03
Gigabyte K8NPRO SLI
AMD Athlon 64 3700
1.5gb ddr ram
XFX Geforce 6600 GT 256 pci-e
Windows xp home
Nspire 450 watt power supply
WD 250gb SATA2 w/16mb

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am looking for what temps should be, and how I should set up MBM correctly to show correct cpu temp..

Thanks,

Billiam151

Those temps are definately wrong unless u live in a tent in siberia or something. It should be close to High 30C Low 40C idle. As far as MBM there should be a list of mb on there where u could pick one and have it configured automatically

That is what I thought.

No I do not live in Siberia, so I guess I will make sure that I have the settings correct in MBM.

Thanks,

Billiam151

I get those kinds of temps but I am phase cooling my CPU. So yeah they seem a bit out of adjustment. LOL

On startup go into your BIOS and find out what temps the MB is actually reporting so you have a good idea of where you should be and adjust accordingly.

Motherboard Monitor can be a pain sometimes. I know that it does not support EPoX boards for some reason(since I have one and tried using MBM to no avail). So I'd recommend trying another program to monitor temps such as Everest.

Back