• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi 815ep Pro Lite(ms-6337le)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Well, looks like my refurbished VH6-II is going to be back ordered for quite a while so I was looking at new motherboards that would be comparable in price and came across the MSI 815EP Pro Lite. I found a review on the RAID version and looks to be a very good board as long as the overclocking functions are included in the Lite version. I would imagine them being identical except for this point.

Anyone have one of these or know anything about it? It would be nice to have something other than another VIA chipset as well...the VH6-II would be number 4 in here.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've got the MSI 815EPT Pro (pretty much the same as the Lite Version) and it's great. It let's me clock the FSB to 166 Mhz without having a heatsink one the Northbridge. Unfortunately 166 Mhz is the max, the bios let's you choose on that board. But it's very stable and fast so far and already has the support for Celeron 1200 Tualatin!

The MSI 815EP Lite (MS-6337LE i815EP, S-370, SB, ATX OEM) seems to be the same board as the MSI 815EP-R (MS-6337PRO-R i815EP, S-370, RAID ATA100, SB, ATX) except for the RAID and the manual, and maybe a fancy box, some cables, and driver CD, cos it's listed as a OEM board (not on MSI's site), there's also a newer version the MS-6337LE5 so you might want to look into that (Supports FC-PGA2 :) ).

Hope this helped a bit.

Just going for cheap. Newegg has it for $66 and I already have $49 in that refurbished VH6-II I sent back so I was just wanting to pay the difference since mine is back ordered.

It's only going to be a SETI cruncher for an old Celly2 600 and extra parts I have laying around so less is better.

I'm going to try and talk them into getting a refund applied to that board and get shipping waived since they would have to send me a board anyway due to the RMA.

Back