• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My watercooled x700Pro won't budge!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoomelon

Hi all.

To cut a long story short, my x800xt is dead due to spilt water and I couldn't afford to replace it, so i'm stuck with an x700 Pro 256MB I got off a friend for $40.

The thing is, it won't overclock even a measly 15mhz over stock core speed (425mhz).

I have the x700 watercooled, with custom ramsinks and it's idle at an icey 20°C as we speak, and peaks at 26°C load (i've the radiator outside).

online.jpg

I've seen a review that got the GPU of an x700 170mhz over stock and mine won't even do 15mhz! My LCD just looses the signal altogether when i overclock and I have to restart.

Any ideas guys?
Got a dud here have I?

:shrug:
Thanks. :)

Have to admit in all my years i've never done a volt mod.
Can you explain to me in a few sentances the idea behind it and what has to be done.

I've read a few articles over the years but never really took much notice as people have a tendancy to start rambling in those areas....

Oh, and I have VPU Recover disabled. Overclock is maxed out at 442mhz.

Thanks.
:)

My X700 uses the stock cooler, but it won't budge either. My old 9000Pro overclocked quite well, and to be honest, for a card that was ultra cheapo and a few years older, the good old 9000 Pro could almost hold its own in 3dmark compared to my X700Pro, it was only 1500 or so points slower in 3dmark2001.

Also my temps aren't exactly cool either. My GPU runs around 47 under idle and almost to 60 full load. I put AS5 on and my temps INCREASED a few degrees. :(

Back