• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**UPDATED** Red Compaq v2000 paintjob (finished, new/better photos)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wipe0ut99

Registered
finish.jpg

close.jpg

See the details here:
http://pages.videotron.com/thief/index.htm

I have now finished painting the LID. I have sanded the whole case, that fixed most of my previous mistakes !

I didn't give all the details on the guide, because that'd just bore those who only wants a resume of the project.

But I am open to your questions. I would be happy to share my mistakes/good moves!

I'm not a huge fan of red (even tho red and white are my university's colors), but aside from my personal tastes, you did a very good job, nice finish on the back too. I haven't read the details yet, so I'll pop right on over there and take a look.

Looks alright - a little bright for my tastes though :p

Looks like the Acer Ferrari laptops a little.

wow, thats a REALLY cool paint job, hmm i wonder if there'd be a point n' doing this to one of the p3 laptops iv got :p

Thank you all for your .. support :clap:

It is always nice to see people appreciate the work done :)

Speaking on which my notebook was recently stolen, a friend of mine propose give me her very old presario v2000 notebook.

I follow the hardware improvements, paint job and integrated wireless mouse dongle to have some fun while I get a new laptop, and the results are very interesting.

Thank you (wipeout) for the tutorials.

Mario (from Chile)

What kind of paint did you use? Automotive? I would hope so since it is so much more durable than spray can enamel.

Good job! Looks really good!
I know who to talk to next time i decide to paint the inside of my case! (didn't come out too well when i did it last time :( )

Back