• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CURSES! 165 + Win2k Pro = no fun...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

futura2001

Well, I have my 165 up and running.
Seems to like 289x9, but that is just what I booted up at the first time.
And then I tried to Prime.
I opened two instances, and set affinities... and off I went to do my laundry.
When I came back about 15 minutes later, the first instance was running fine, but the second instance was still hadn't finished the 4000 iterations.
So, I used my googlefinger, and added the /setpmtimer value to my boot.ini, and... nothing. Taskman now kind of shows two processors being loaded on a single graph, although it won't give me a graph per core, and I still cannot successfully set hard affinities, either through the task manager, or through Prime95 itself.
Certainly there must be a way to control hard affinity in win2k, at least I hope there is so I don't have to downgrade to the festering pool of bloat known as XP...

Well, that was weird.
Setting the computer to ACPI Multiprocessor and restarting didn't help, but reinstalling Windows did, as it most often should.
Note to self: when pruning bloat from Windows, make sure you prune only the things you will never need... guess I didn't think I was going to be going dual processor on s939.

Back