Thread: DDr1 vs DDr2

DDr1 vs DDr2

Well i guess what i want to know is how much performance increase would i be looking at gaining when going from 2gig ddr1 Pc3200 to 2gig ddr2 pc4300..is there any noticable performance increase....

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    probably negligable... but I am not super familiar with P4 systems so I will wait to see someone else's opinion.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Negligble, get a better vga instead.
    'Apparantly reality has a strong liberal bias'

It depends on the memory requirement of the program you are running. Most of today's software and games will not show any noticeable difference. On most apps and games, you'll only see about a 0% to 2.5% increase. Max increase around 5% to 7% on a few selected programs.

Although your memory bandwidth will increase about 36%, it offers very little performance increase with today's software. Perhaps in a couple years, programmers will utilize more memory bandwidth and this will change. For now, we donít see much improvement.

Well it doesnt seem like there is much reason to upgrade that just yet then..thanks for helping to make up my mind...