• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server non accessible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

Hey all,

For the past 3 days (first time im aware of this starting to happen) a server i work with keeps bringing up the error message

"(server name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access problems.

The Network path was not found"

a simple reboot fixes the problem but what keeps causing it? all permissions are fine so thats not the problem. Maybe something could be happening during backups? i dont know but any help would be useful... thanks in advance for any responses and help.

-Shawn

sorry, its and NT 4.0 Server and the PDC of the domain, it also serves as a print server too and whenever this event occurs the printer often is offline most all of the day and comes back whenever it feels like it.

if u need more info just let me know.. the really wierd thing i just found out is that 2 other servers can connect to it, no other server or workstation can :\

all the workstations are 2000 or xp

Last edited:
Back