• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taskbar stealing focus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serville

Registered
I set my Win XP's taskbar to auto-hide, but I have a problem with the taskbar appearing automatically & stay for about 10-15 seconds everytime I launch a program & XP puts an icon in bottom right corner.
For instance, when I connect to the internet and XP puts a connection icon in the taskbar, the taskbar will always stay for at least 10 secs, and there is nothing I can do about it , except waiting for it to disappear automatically.

Is there any way to prevent XP to do this ? or at least reduce the time ?

Have you tried setting it back to the default setting, rebooting, change it back to the Auto Hide setting and rebooting again?

The other thing I was thinking is, what do you have running in the system tray? I have seen where third party programs that run in the system tray can hang the "Auto Hide". I try to keep as few things in there as posible. It does hinder performance. A lot of third party programs by default will place themselves in the system tray. Sometimes it offers added features, but those come at a cost. Other times they are more or less just an icon.

Back