• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silverstone tj07 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

im looking for a new case to hold my setup .. no watercooling .. just some air cooling .. the tj07 is beautiful .. i almost bought it before and i still kinda want it now ..

any new cases on the horizon i should wait for ?

madhatR said:
.. the tj07 is beautiful .. any new cases on the horizon i should wait for ?
Real beauty is timeless.
Although there will always be new cases just over the horizon, the TJ will still be desirable for a long time to come.

Which, in "computer" time, means at least another year.

how is the cooling in the case with just the normal fans it comes with ?

The Silverstone TJ07 is a nice looking case, some minior issues with fitting of the side panels and some screws. The biggest disadvantage is the motherboard tray is not aluminum its made out of steel.
I switched to Lian Li 7077, which is build in Lian Li quality with a lot of accessories available. very easy to cool and enough room for water cooling and some....

I read the post and say "i have never heard of this case" so i look at some reviews and fall in love. Still thinking "how have i never seen this case" i then go to newegg and realize the case is >$300. that is why. nice case tho

I can vouch for the TJ07. :attn: SWEEEETNESSS sums it up in one word. At the bottom of my sig is a link to my Tj07 thread, with a lot of pics scattered throughout. :drool:

The Silverstone TJ07 is a nice looking case, some minior issues with fitting of the side panels and some screws. The biggest disadvantage is the motherboard tray is not aluminum its made out of steel.
I switched to Lian Li 7077, which is build in Lian Li quality with a lot of accessories available. very easy to cool and enough room for water cooling and some....

I have to say though, that I am pretty sure that the removable motherboard tray is indeed aluminum...not steel as stated above... Also, I didn't not have much trouble with the side panels / screws.. they can be a little tricky at times, but nothing a little finesse (slight wiggling ;) )doesn't solve.

I have watercooling in mine, so i cant really vouch for the stock fans cooling ability. but they did seem to move about as much air as possible and still be completely silent.

I should warn you though.. this case is HUGE! seriously..its big... And once loaded up with all sorts of stuff (including the almost 1 gallon of water in mine) its quite heavy.. [even for a guy that hits the gym 3x a week]
I have taken it to one lan party, and it wasn't too fun to carry..., but it is feasible

The TJ07 isn't worth it's high price tag, to me. I think most of it's allure comes from placebo due it's high price.

Might be but not in my case. I dont like most lian-li cases or most other higher priced cases. the only reason i like this one is the setup. however i think if i were going to spend that kind of money (more than $80) on a case i would get the lian-li V1000

hmm i want an lcd setup also i think ..

i had a crystalfontz before .. but now they have a 20x4 that fits in 1x 5.25 bay instead of taking up 2 ..

its either this or running the silverstone lcd to match the case .. but its a single 20x2

Back