• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error Extracting .bkf file?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Chambers

So my other thread's topic was completely different than the problem I'm having now, so I thought I'd try creating a new one to hopefully stimulate some help!

I connected a laptop drive to my machine in an attempt to get files off of it. (the client is Japanese and I believe the WinXP install was a japanese install as well, I had to reformat, weird error, see thread below) - The only way I (apparently) was able to back things up was using the WinXP Backup program (my first time using it).

I now have a 20gb .bkf file, which I cannot seem to extract the files back out of. I get this error no matter what I try, it seems to do this for every file:

Warning: Unable to set the short 8.3 name for "E:\Documents and Settings\Hiroko Hattori\デスクトップ\日本の写真\New year\15\画像3 038.jpg".
Reason: The parameter is incorrect.

I can't seem to make heads or tails of this, anyone help me out? Is the question marks in the filename a hint that I'm missing some language files or?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=453204

Last edited:
Back