• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160GB seagate hd $30 after MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Too bad TD sucks all around now, they used to have at least SOME good shipping / rma / cust support.

I will stand up and give props to TD. They implimented there new rebate guarantee. Just make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's through the steps of fileing and documenting the rebate info and you're good to go.

A long time ago I lost a small rebate ~$10-15 from TD but I bit lately on a $100 (2x$50) rebate and got my money nice and quick, couldn't be happier.

TD has turned at 180 on the rebates and are slowly building back their rep. Don't be so quick to pass hate, at least until they fail under the new policy and you followed every proper step.

However, this deal is pretty eh.... at least for me.

Last edited:
You have to be really careful w/ rebates and TD... they're known for posting bad rebates or rebates out of dates so you can't get them. Then when you call to complain they hang up on you.

godofgorks said:
I will stand up and give props to TD. They implimented there new rebate guarantee. Just make sure you dot your i's and cross your t's through the steps of fileing and documenting the rebate info and you're good to go.

TD has turned at 180 on the rebates and are slowly building back their rep. Don't be so quick to pass hate, at least until they fail under the new policy and you followed every proper step.

Most rebates aren't even handled through TD. Most you have to go through the rebate companies.

TigerDirect.com does not endorse or condone the use of rebates whatsoever. TigerDirect.com will do everything in our power to ensure you are well appraised of rebate terms, conditions and time limits. If you have problems with any specific rebate, we'd like to know so we can help you. Please contact our special rebate team by clicking here .

Also some might be interested in TD rebate policy:
TigerDirect Rebate Guarantee

I feel TD is trying to turn this biased hate against them around by doing things better. They are even standing up behind you against the rebate companies if you get stiff, given you properly document. Take 5 minutes and $4 to do it right and if TD won't back you up when you did everything to specs with their new policy, then I will stop trying to open the eyes of the ignorants.

-This is from someone who HAS been burned by TD in the past, but by seeing that they are trying to change for the better bit on a rebate and couldn't have been more please.

Back