• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo/CPU tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

Well am gonna get a new motherboard/cpu and was thinking about getting an AMD XP but am not really sure what board.
if anyone has any tips leave them here thanks

This would depend on what you are looking for in the end result. All out performance, economy or somewhere in between. Post your "wish-list" and we could get a better indication as to which direction to point you.

Good Luck!

Well the type of stuff that would be running on it is.
Games, FTP. Folding.
it would be overclocked
i was think about a AMD XP1800 with a Geoforce.

I also wasn't sure what cooling i would get water or air

any sugestions on a motherboard would be nice tho
thanks

ThePunkGeek said:
Well the type of stuff that would be running on it is.
Games, FTP. Folding.
it would be overclocked
i was think about a AMD XP1800 with a Geoforce.

I also wasn't sure what cooling i would get water or air

any sugestions on a motherboard would be nice tho
thanks

geoforce lol..

I've had good experiences with the Asus A7M266, but others may disagree. I have built 3 systems with it and they all are money.

When I was getting a new board, I looked for 1) DDR and 2) AMD 761 chipset due to reviews I'd read.

I was down to the Abit KG-7, Gigabyte GA-7DXR, Biostar M7MIA, Asus A7M and went with the A7M because it was the first one I could find.

If I got another board right now, I'd go with the Abit I think.

I'd definitely go with DDR, but I'd move to the VIA KT266A chipset as being the best at the moment. I haven't heard that that there's a lot of difference between the boards right now, so any of them should do pretty well.

nihili

Back