Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member ColdMiser's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Georgia

    What PSU for Antec P180?

    I am going to buy this case and a new PSU for it. I have read how you need a PSU with a pretty long mobo header. What model are you guys using in your P180s?

  2. #2
    I have seasonic 600w pluged to asus p5wd2 premium
    Dell XPS 1330 T8300, 4GB PC6400, LED Monitor, DVD Burner, Intel 4965 wireless, Bluetooth 360, 9cell battery, Windows Vista Ultimate, Remote

    Q9550, Gigabyte ex38 ds4, 4GB Corsair Dominator PC8500, evga 8800gt, Corsiar 520w psu, WD 640GB HD, LG Eide Dvd Burner, Antec P182

    HEATWARE

  3. #3
    Member steveeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S. California
    The Silverstone ST56ZF works great. The cables are plenty long enough to reach. DO NOT BUY an Antec TP2.0 550 - the cables are long enough if your 4/8pin ATX is positioned near the top.

    DESKTOP: P5WD2-P D820 SI-120 4GB DDR2-800 REAPERS 6600GT OC x2 7200.10 400GB RAID0 ST56ZF G7 P180
    LAPTOP: T7300 2GB 8600M GT 15.4 WSXGA+ 250GB

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by steveeb
    The Silverstone ST56ZF works great. The cables are plenty long enough to reach. DO NOT BUY an Antec TP2.0 550 - the cables are long enough if your 4/8pin ATX is positioned near the top.
    I'm running a P180 and a TruePower 2.0 550w and I have no issues. The 4 pin connector will touch the top of the case with slack to spare....

  5. #5
    Member RangerXLT8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdMiser
    I am going to buy this case and a new PSU for it. I have read how you need a PSU with a pretty long mobo header. What model are you guys using in your P180s?
    PC Power &Cooling 510, cables are plenty long.
    Core 2 Xeon 3210 Quad Core 2.4GHz
    Gigabyte EP-35C-DS3R
    Patriot Viper DDR3 4GB 6-6-6-20
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    OCZ Vertex 2 120GB
    2x150GB Raptors
    1x320GB Western Digital HDD
    LiteOn DVDRW
    Heatware 44-0-0

  6. #6
    Member steveeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    S. California
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveSideways
    I'm running a P180 and a TruePower 2.0 550w and I have no issues. The 4 pin connector will touch the top of the case with slack to spare....
    At least with the P5WD2 board (and other Asus boards) where the ATX connector is in the upper left near the keyboard & mouse inputs, the wire had to stretch across all my PCI cards in order to reach which put a lot of pressure on the graphics card.

    With the Silverstone, the cable is long enough that it can go around my graphics card and over my CPU, instead of the straight line path the TP2 had to take. Makes for much better wire management, besides being easier on the PCI cards.

    Here's my rough measurements of the cable length of the PSU's I have here:
    TP2.0 550 ~ 18"
    Silverstone ST56ZF ~ 22"

    DESKTOP: P5WD2-P D820 SI-120 4GB DDR2-800 REAPERS 6600GT OC x2 7200.10 400GB RAID0 ST56ZF G7 P180
    LAPTOP: T7300 2GB 8600M GT 15.4 WSXGA+ 250GB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •