• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PSU for Antec P180?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

I am going to buy this case and a new PSU for it. I have read how you need a PSU with a pretty long mobo header. What model are you guys using in your P180s?

The Silverstone ST56ZF works great. The cables are plenty long enough to reach. DO NOT BUY an Antec TP2.0 550 - the cables are long enough if your 4/8pin ATX is positioned near the top.

steveeb said:
The Silverstone ST56ZF works great. The cables are plenty long enough to reach. DO NOT BUY an Antec TP2.0 550 - the cables are long enough if your 4/8pin ATX is positioned near the top.
I'm running a P180 and a TruePower 2.0 550w and I have no issues. The 4 pin connector will touch the top of the case with slack to spare....

ColdMiser said:
I am going to buy this case and a new PSU for it. I have read how you need a PSU with a pretty long mobo header. What model are you guys using in your P180s?
PC Power &Cooling 510, cables are plenty long.

LiveSideways said:
I'm running a P180 and a TruePower 2.0 550w and I have no issues. The 4 pin connector will touch the top of the case with slack to spare....

At least with the P5WD2 board (and other Asus boards) where the ATX connector is in the upper left near the keyboard & mouse inputs, the wire had to stretch across all my PCI cards in order to reach which put a lot of pressure on the graphics card.

With the Silverstone, the cable is long enough that it can go around my graphics card and over my CPU, instead of the straight line path the TP2 had to take. Makes for much better wire management, besides being easier on the PCI cards.

Here's my rough measurements of the cable length of the PSU's I have here:
TP2.0 550 ~ 18"
Silverstone ST56ZF ~ 22"

Back