• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want water coolin, what u guys recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are your goals for the system? Pick any two: compact size, high performance, low noise.

Also, how much are you willing to spend, and how do you feel about making or modifying things yourself?

With that budget I would just stick with a good air-cooling solution. Something like a Scythe Ninja would be good. Personally, I think watercooling is only worth it if you can spend the money on it or have the right tools to mod things.

inkfx said:
With that budget I would just stick with a good air-cooling solution. Something like a Scythe Ninja would be good. Personally, I think watercooling is only worth it if you can spend the money on it or have the right tools to mod things.

Really? Like what tools are you talking about?

Rickster said:
Really? Like what tools are you talking about?

Dremel and steady hands, for cutting the holes for the radiator. Unless you are lucky enough to have a case that will fit without mods, buy a pre-modded case, or use something like the Swiftech Radbox.

For example buying a heatercore from a local hardware store. You need to mod them so the tubbing fits. Or if you want to mod a case then your best bet would be a dremel.

srry for the little info i provided earlier. well what i want is a watercooling system that keeps my cpu below 24C idle. it doesnt have to cost much. it doesnt bother me if it's sitting outside the case. that's why i providided a link to that system:
http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/...-E8U1/U2&other_title=+RL-HUC-E8U1/U2+AQUAGATE

i already have a good air solution which kept my cpu at 24-28c idle and 40-42c at load. but since i installed my Graphics card its 38c idle and 40 load. i know you guys can come up with something cheap. and i also am getting a new case so i'll look for one that will fit the radiotor. also now i have a little budget. over a year i can upgrade it to something better but i want to start with a standard model which is pretty cheap and easy to use, but still very effective

temps mean nothing . why do you want to lower those numbers? is your comp failing in any area? is it completely stable?

if your comp is stable and you are happy with the overclock then there is no need to change anything.
water is a large investment of time and money and its only perpose is to increase stable overclock and reduce noise . it is not so you can say your temps are lower as that means nothing

well actually its like this. its my birthday and my parents are going to buy me some new stuff. so i wanted a a new mobo and cpu. but im giving my system to my dad. so that also includes my cpu cooler. and my computer is very noisy. so i want something to reduce the noise

oh well in that case ..

depending on how much they will go for.

you could get an apogee a new d5 and a biP2 or xflow pro2 and tubing and maybe a res but you can more easily build a better one out of PVC cheeply
in the end though you would save money if you are on a budget getting a faster cooler dual core proc and using stock cooler ( with retail cpu) than going the water cooling route. so it depends on how much money will be spent AFTER the cpu ram mobo and video card

i already have a video card and ram. i only need a new motherboard which is about €64.90 and a new processor. i've found a 4000+ for €200 new so i only need a new cooler. i also found a water cooling system from thermaltake. i think one of my friends friend has it.
It's the Thermaltake CL-W0075 Bigwater 735.

can you give me some info about this cooler? otherwise ill go with the coolermaster one

ohyeah..budget for water cooling €100

Drinkyoghurt said:
i already have a video card and ram. i only need a new motherboard which is about €64.90 and a new processor. i've found a 4000+ for €200 new so i only need a new cooler. i also found a water cooling system from thermaltake. i think one of my friends friend has it.
It's the Thermaltake CL-W0075 Bigwater 735.

can you give me some info about this cooler? otherwise ill go with the coolermaster one

ohyeah..budget for water cooling €100

Those coolers aren't really that great, i'm sure they work, but air cooling can match those easy AFAIK.

stay away from thermalcrap

that is pounds or euro?

an apogee a mag3 and a modded heater core can be done for that much ( i would order a biP2 or a xflow pro2 personally)

im also getting a new case. just dont know which one.
and thats not pound but euro :p
i've asked my friends friend bout the thermaltake and he said it screwed up his cpu and mobo cuz of a leakage..hmmz not a good idea..but the coolermaster has leakage prevention. can you also give me the links to the ones you recommend? :D

Do you want your cpu and ur gpu cooled? well if both...
Black Ice Pro II Radiator $30
Pump $20
GPU block $22
2- 120mm Case fans $15
1/2" tubing $1 a foot *$10 total*
Accessories $5-10

Back