• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony starts a "revolution!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

]-[itman

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149586.html

:rolleyes:

Wow, how low can a company get? I'm sorry, but Sony has really dissappointed me with the PS3. Just about any desire I had for one is now gone (to be fair, it was gone once the price was released). Anyway, here's to hoping Nintendo's still unreleased "secret" is worthwhile.

"Sony's Phil Harrison even went so far as to tell us that 'rumble was last generation, movement is this generation.'"

This is great, he is acting like they were the first to come up with it, lol.

"So if you wanted to be a cynic, you could say that this is a wireless PS2 controller with analog triggers like the Xbox, a central guide button like the Xbox 360, and internal motion sensors like the Wii. But what's probably most important is that the controller feels pretty nice and already seems to work well."

Although, I do like the analog triggers and the guide button.

Sounds like its and the 360 are going to be identical except for ergonomics... and the motion sensor that MS will add soon enough, lol.

There are motion-sensing gyroscopes inside the controller that will detect tilting as well as raising and lowering.

I knew it. I just freaking KNEW it!

Nintendo leads, others follow, baby. If you were ever in doubt of this fact, it should be clear now.

I wouldn't be so upset, but Sony ripped Nintendo off in such a cheap manner. Bah, Wii is still much cooler with full free movement as well as the "laser pointer" capabilities, none of this "6 degrees of freedom" with one half working game demo to show it off. Oh yeah, Nintendo also didn't seem to mind adding feedback with motion sensoring.

Oni said:
I knew it. I just freaking KNEW it!

Nintendo leads, others follow, baby. If you were ever in doubt of this fact, it should be clear now.

I find it hilarious how it's so BLATANT!!! Props to nintendo, big bad sony copied your idea. That's some big props! Whether or not nintendo becomes the next sega or not, their staff went out with a bang :D. you know MS will copy very shortly.

Even though the concept is cool...playing video games just won't be the same with all the constant movement, gonna have to stand or extend your arm out for lengthy periods of time

Probably a united effort among the video game industry to get their consumers less fat. After all, kids dying at 18 from all the problems that go with being fat doesn't exactly spell out long term :D

shard said:
They want to make all the kids they made fat by playing their games, get fit, so they dont get sued for it :D

how would they get sued? That's like someone eating mcdonalds and filing a lawsuit against them because they gained weight. No one is forcing these fatties to play games. I am 19 and weigh 128 pounds(5'11"), you tell me... lol

boris_37 said:
how would they get sued? That's like someone eating mcdonalds and filing a lawsuit against them because they gained weight. No one is forcing these fatties to play games. I am 19 and weigh 128 pounds(5'11"), you tell me... lol

You sir are skinny :p

boris_37 said:

There or over 100 lawsuits a year geared just that way, and about 70% of them win too.

That and I was being a wise *** :rolleyes:

shard said:
There or over 100 lawsuits a year geared just that way, and about 70% of them win too.

That and I was being a wise *** :rolleyes:

yeah but they will spend more money fighting then just paying them off. It's like all the lawsuits against micheal jackson for child molestation, granted they could all be true, but in many cases it's cheaper for him to pay them to spend his money on the expensive lawyers.

ziggo0 said:
Even though the concept is cool...playing video games just won't be the same with all the constant movement, gonna have to stand or extend your arm out for lengthy periods of time

They said that stuff is exagerated (I need to learn to speel) and you'll be controlling stuff with just a flip of the wrist if you desire vs. the flambouant saber swinging in the comercials.

Nintendo's controller rumbles, probably has better motoin sensors on it ( just a guess ), you can aim with it, its wireless...OH and it has a speaker built into it, so you get what they call " debth of sound "

Where like in zelda, you pull back on the bow, and the bow strings sounds come from the controller, and when you shoot the aarow, you can hear the arrow shoot from the controller, then your TV/Surround sound speakers pick up where the controller speaker leaves off. Giving you a Debth of sound.

pretty friggin ingenious if you ask me. ( not sarcasim ).

Nintendo leads the way once again. They start something, other companies try to rip them off. VIVA LA NINTENDO!

No offence but that controller won't go with that console design maybe the black one yeah but it's not sleek stylish enough. The other boomerang pad looked awful but it was sleek and stylish.

And you know what I bet the break as quickly as the PS2 pad's do.

Back