Need an iPod syncer/ripper.

Currently, all my music is in CD format... and I would like to transfer them to my new iPod without too much trouble. Is there a program that can rip and transfer? If not, what would you recommend for each of the tasks? I'm currently trying out ephpod.

Okay, well, I got ephpod to work... now all I need is a good ripper.

I tried ephpod and it worked for about a minute before it "locked" my ipod. Any idea what that's all about, assuming you've got it working
    DFI SLI-DR | Opteron 170 | 2x512 G.Skill LE | x1900XTX | 2x250GB T7K250 RAID 0 | PCP&C 510 SLI | X-Fi | Dell 2007FPW
    Laptop | Dell E1405 | Core Duo 2 Merom T7200 | 2GB DDR2 | Intel 950GM | 120GB HD | 14.1 in. WXGA+ Truelife | XP Pro

Heatware

Quote Originally Posted by Sucka
    I tried ephpod and it worked for about a minute before it "locked" my ipod. Any idea what that's all about, assuming you've got it working
    How did it lock up? Mine said it couldn't create iPod_control directory, which was already on the iPod.

I was trying to get songs off my iPod, and it got about 30 songs off and then a box comes up saying it's been locked. I have no idea "how" it locked up or why, but it did

The iPod works fine still, it's the function to get songs off that doesn't work anymore.
    DFI SLI-DR | Opteron 170 | 2x512 G.Skill LE | x1900XTX | 2x250GB T7K250 RAID 0 | PCP&C 510 SLI | X-Fi | Dell 2007FPW
    Laptop | Dell E1405 | Core Duo 2 Merom T7200 | 2GB DDR2 | Intel 950GM | 120GB HD | 14.1 in. WXGA+ Truelife | XP Pro

Heatware

Hmm... iPods, as far as I know, aren't supposed to allow users to transfer songs FROM the iPod to the computer... the way to go around this, albeit painful, is to show hidden folders under the Folder Options in Tools drop down menu and then search for the songs on the iPod manually.

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    why not use itunes?
    AMD Athalon II X4 630 2.8, Gigabyte-GA890XA-UD3
    Radeon HD 4850 2 GiG, G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600, 2 TB HDD, Thermaltake TR2 RX850, 27" ASUS IPS

Ubuntu 13.10/Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Contra
    why not use itunes?
    I have this thing against Apple. Their products are pretty good, although a bit overpriced. But I can't stand the idiotic and insistent fanbase. They just **** me off to a level humanly indescribable. Actually, all the Apple logo on my iPod firmware got replaced by my very own Penguins. And I'm thinking of etching another one on the back to get rid of the Apple logo. Anyway, I digress. I hear it's very clunky, as it is ported badly from OSX to Windows. And judging by the way Quicktime eats up resources, I fear iTunes, too.