• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an iPod syncer/ripper.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

Currently, all my music is in CD format... and I would like to transfer them to my new iPod without too much trouble. Is there a program that can rip and transfer? If not, what would you recommend for each of the tasks? I'm currently trying out ephpod.

I tried ephpod and it worked for about a minute before it "locked" my ipod. Any idea what that's all about, assuming you've got it working ;)

Sucka said:
I tried ephpod and it worked for about a minute before it "locked" my ipod. Any idea what that's all about, assuming you've got it working ;)

How did it lock up? Mine said it couldn't create iPod_control directory, which was already on the iPod.

I was trying to get songs off my iPod, and it got about 30 songs off and then a box comes up saying it's been locked. I have no idea "how" it locked up or why, but it did :-/

The iPod works fine still, it's the function to get songs off that doesn't work anymore.

Hmm... iPods, as far as I know, aren't supposed to allow users to transfer songs FROM the iPod to the computer... the way to go around this, albeit painful, is to show hidden folders under the Folder Options in Tools drop down menu and then search for the songs on the iPod manually.

Contra said:
why not use itunes?

I have this thing against Apple. Their products are pretty good, although a bit overpriced. But I can't stand the idiotic and insistent fanbase. They just **** me off to a level humanly indescribable. Actually, all the Apple logo on my iPod firmware got replaced by my very own Penguins. And I'm thinking of etching another one on the back to get rid of the Apple logo. Anyway, I digress. I hear it's very clunky, as it is ported badly from OSX to Windows. And judging by the way Quicktime eats up resources, I fear iTunes, too.

Back