• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate perpendicular drive @ newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$500 is quite a bit of money, that's 2x150gb raptors. Let the 500gb drop to about $150 and you'll see one of those bad boys in my sig. I'm just happy to see hard drives finally making some progress. We've been stuck with regular 7200rpm drives the last couple of years.

Edit- I just watchws that flash clip, and I'd like a refund on that 2 mins of my life. Anyone have some real infor about perp drives?

actually in terms of storage its 5 times the storage at the same speeds. For the person that has to be on the bleeding edge, that may be worth it

Finally there starting to hit the market. When I do a system rebuild down the road next year ish I hope there will be more of these perpendicular drives on the market because thats what will go in my system.

yeah sure if you have 6 free sata ports, and places to mount them. Also i think i heard that perpendiculars are supposed to be 10%-30% faster than a regular 7200rpm drive

thats pretty sweet. Im glad there finally out. It sets a new benchmark for other companys, and eventally leads to more innovative cutting edge technology

Now lets see how relibale they are. Defnally dont want another deskstar situtation. lol. I guess with segates 5 year warrenty though, your safe :)

Back