• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock Dual SATA2 Northbridge temp is 67°C!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does anyone know of the ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU works with MOBO. It isn't on the compatible or incompatible chart at their site.

Jame Gumb said:
I've melted a few of the brown caps by the inductors, then I bent them out of the way. While trying to get an XP90 off, I plowed a ditch with the screwdriver into some of the traces. Left loose solder blobs around then powered it up. Lost a jumper and used a nickel for a while. Burnt the board near the OCW volt/ratio mod. Used some heavy gauge copper wire on the VDIMM mod, then ripped it off the mosfet pad with pliers.
:clap: What a great board, despite it's bios issues.

Rydis said:
Does anyone know of the ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU works with MOBO. It isn't on the compatible or incompatible chart at their site.
Judging by its size, it should be.

Im thinking of getting this card... is it about the size of an x1950pro or bigger? Is it dual slot? Also, how hot does it run? I have an AsRock 4core dua-sata2 mobo with the x1950pro, would you recommend the sapphire 3870 for me if Im using xp sp2, or is it going to cause problems just like it does in vista? I heard you needed a mobo bios flash to get it to work at all in your mobo and I dont see one being available as yet for the sata2 board, maybe it wont need it? Thanks!

Im thinking of getting this card... is it about the size of an x1950pro or bigger? Is it dual slot? Also, how hot does it run? I have an AsRock 4core dua-sata2 mobo with the x1950pro, would you recommend the sapphire 3870 for me if Im using xp sp2, or is it going to cause problems just like it does in vista? I heard you needed a mobo bios flash to get it to work at all in your mobo and I dont see one being available as yet for the sata2 board, maybe it wont need it? Thanks!

Alex,

You might want to ask the guys in this thread what you are contemplating. I don't see a problem but I haven't used a 3870.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=535282

Back